Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Whiny and Complainy and Cool!

I told you that complaining was one of my bad habits. I know I shouldn't be complaining. I do know this. I'm almost done with school. But my goodness. Why oh why did I have to take this class? Why oh why is it required? I think the teacher hates me already. Seriously. The girl next to me leaned over to ask me a question (she asked me how many articles I've already read for the class, since last semester I was studious and worked on getting stuff done fast... NOT SO with this semester...). So I answered her that I have not done any so far. And the teacher goes, "Do you have a question?" And I look up and she's looking at me. I just shook my head and went back to writing on my syllabus. Add that to the fact that last week, I was the one looking at the clock when it was time to go, which made her comment that "some people are looking at the clock" and I am pretty sure I can expect a bad grade in that class. Oh well. Oh, and shocker of all shockers... we didn't get out on time today either. This is going to be a LONG semester. She even made the comment at one point that she can't see the clock from where she stands. Okay, so doesn't that beg a solution? And isn't the solution simple? Don't stand there. Find a new place to stand. Duh. And don't read the book to us. I've had almost 20 years of schooling, so I promise I can read. ARGGGG. Oh yeah, and she gives us the schedule for when we have to present our article reviews to the class. I go next week. Yeah, I think she hates me already... Oh and also... (sorry, there was a lot to say about this class). She is totally against technology (ironic in a program that includes a technology class as a required course) and refuses to post the syllabus online like the other professors do. She keeps saying, "We'll just kill a lot of trees." As though that is funny or something. And then... And this is the cherry on top... She literally takes notes on who speaks in class. Literally. Okay, I'm just not one of those people who likes to pontificate for the sake of hearing myself talk. At least not in a class. If I have something to say, fine, I say it. But I'm not going to create something to say every class just to get a participation grade. That's just ridiculous. I do my pontificating on my blog :). Believe me, I've been in classes that have people who always have a comment. And, I'm not a fan. I'm not going to be one of those students. I seriously can't get over how she pulled out her notepad and started writing down the people who actually talked. Well, let me stop pontificating on this matter ;).

And on a cool and up-note: I think I should make a new diet plan. It shall be called the "Eat donuts, drink soda, and abstain from meat diet." Haha!!! Because I weighed-in and lost 1.2 pounds. I'm pretty sure that this won't continue, but it'll be fun while it lasts ;).

3 comments:

Mrs. S said...

what an awful teacher! I got all heated up reading your post!!! I hate professors like that...though I must say I never had one that bad. I did have one guy who was like 70 and very anti-technology. Very annoying. I've blocked most of it out already...

Anonymous said...

As your mom always says, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Just keep looking at it and you will finally finish. Also, you always have to take the good with the bad and right now, with school, it is all bad, but the good will come soon enough. I have posted a note!!! Love, Mom

April said...

Yeah, she is awful...come on, how hard is it to post a syllabus online? That worries me about her note-taking, it makes me want to keep quiet that much more.

And I think you should totally adopt a junk-food vegetarian diet...that's how I eat most of the time :)