Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Class and Striving for Five Again

Okay, so for anyone who hasn't already checked today, this is my second post of the day. I don't usually do this, because I do tend to like to save something for a boring day (like I had yesterday). But I've had a kind of eventful (at least for my life) 4 hours.

April called to tell me that she was stuck at a dead stop on the Interstate. Turns out that power lines fell across the whole Interstate last night at 11 p.m., so they were re-routing people off the Interstate. All four lanes were closed for 10 miles. Poor April. She didn't even make it to class until about 11:00. Yuck.

So class... The professor begins by saying, "I don't anticipate us taking the whole class time, since this is our first meeting. We will probably get out early." So, 10 minutes AFTER class was supposed to end, I finally got to leave class. Which is nice for me, since I'm supposed to return to work, and I worked in a 15-minute "pad-time" so that I can stuff some food into my mouth. Of course, this all worked out okay for me today (even though she consumed 10 of those 15 minutes), since I did, after all, forget my lunch.

So I went down to the first floor and bought my lunch. The only thing you can purchase there that does not require a body part for payment is a 99 cent bag of some sort of chips. In their defense, they are the larger bags. So, I bought some cheetos, because, although the worst (of the available selection) for you, they are also the best bang for your buck. So, that is my lunch: water and a bag of cheetos (30 grams of fat, in case you wondered).

Which is ironic, because I return to my desk with my bag of cheetos, planning to eat them while working, since I no longer have anymore time and am due back at work, and there are papers and notes from Annie and Le letting me know that they signed me back up for Strive for Five. Oh sweet irony, thy name is cheetos! Whatever, it sounded funny :). (in my mind at least). So I ran downstairs to see what all I had to do (since, in my absence, I was re-elected team captain). Turns out Amber (the friend from church who had the potluck last week) is heading it up, so she was able to inform me quite well. We do not weigh as a team anymore, but rather individually. I am amazingly blase about doing this. It does not embarass me anymore. And coolly enough (is that even a word?), I weigh less this weigh in than I did at the last one I did for the first Strive for Five. And I've felt particularly heiferish lately (probably because I've been gorging on all the junk from Christmas that I've been trying to eat), so I am sure I am heavier now than I was 2 weeks ago when I first got back from Dothan. And yet, still lighter than I was before Christmas. So hey... No complaints here.
Cheetos... They're what's for linner. (Because really, I'm eating lunch, but that doesn't fit in the saying. Oh, and "linner" is a mix between lunch and dinner. Because, for any of you who need to know the 'proper' terminology: it's dinner, not supper ;) ).

9 comments:

Kristin said...

Ok, You know you have sinned. You CAN NOT eat Cheetos without drinking a coke. Sinner. Oh and yes I have re nammed my blog. Fits me better.

Nilla said...

You know, the greatest part, Kristin, is that I will be mooned by Rainbow Brite each and every time you leave a comment ;)!

Chimene's Life said...

lOve cheetos great now I wants some lOl but I'm more for the thiner ones and not the fluffy ones. *smiles*

Anonymous said...

it's lupper!

Nilla said...

It can't be lupper. Because it can't be supper! Why? Because haven't you ever heard of "sup with the devil"? Would you really want to call the meal a name that is associated with the devil ;)???

(This is a joke, by the way, for those of you who might think I'm a tad nutso at this point ;)).

Katherine Ronachert said...

i think that anyone you probably reads your blog is slightly nutzo! oh and i found a spelling error. where you might ask? ha! ha! ha! i am so excited that you posted twice in one day.

Nilla said...

I want you to know, Elka... I could not help myself. I had to find the mistake. At first I thought it was the word "absence" but when I doubled-checked it (using MS Word's spell-checker), it said it was correct. And then I found it: potlock instead of potluck. Touche... (Yes, I realize the enormity of my psychosis that I could not have mental rest until I found the error.... But this is why everyone loves me :)).

Anonymous said...

Irony thy name is Cheetos! I see that you find being cheesy easy (I LOVE IT)

Kristin said...

Hilla...It's breakfast, lunch and supper in the south. After reading this again...I want some cheese puffs and a COKE! Don't forget the coke. When I go up there, one night I we will eat for supper will be cheesepuffs (golden flake) and some coke (real). Ahhhah