Monday, January 7, 2008

Soy Un[a] Perdedor

Well, conveniently, it turns out I am a loser and so I had song lyrics I could use as my title post :).

Really quick, allow me to say that, even though I might link a song, that doesn't mean it's a song I particularly like. That song was big when I was in high school. So I know it. But it wasn't one I recorded off of MTV, so I guess that means it wasn't high on my list of "likes."

I'm not really a loser (at least I hope I'm not :)). I just had a pretty uneventful weekend. On Friday, when I got off work, I went to the public library and rented 3 movies. In the Land of Women, which was a waste of time, if you ask me; Shrek the Third, which was okay, but nothing fantastic to me; and Transformers, which I really wasn't impressed with. I'm sorry. I think they kind of ruined an awesome 80s cartoon by making this movie. I'm not saying the special effects, etc. weren't awesome. But the whole thing seemed excessive. And they made it way too adult. I mean, for goodness sake, it was a cartoon for kids in the 80s. And I don't think the movie was in any way appropriate for children. Okay, so now you have my opinion on all those movies. So, obviously I had nothing better to do than watch those three movies this weekend, so that's why I said I'm a loser :).

I did go to Wal-Mart to do grocery shopping on Saturday. So that was good. I got some pictures "developed" and so I organized those on Saturday night. I'm trying to get the last year and a half of my life in pictures printed out so I have them in albums :). It sounds like an insurmountable task, I know. But really, I do have a rather vaNILLA life, so it's not like there are a bunch of pictures or anything ;).

Last night after church, my friend Virginia called and invited me over to eat dinner, since she was feeding the missionaries. It was really good. Sometimes I think I'm not a creative cook. She made chicken stir fry. And unless it's in a kit, I just wouldn't think to do it. Anyway, I was impressed and now have a new idea for future meals. I stayed and visited with Viriginia until after 9 and we did a lot of laughing. I think I am coming up with ideas for my future novel.

I love my sister. When I'm bored, I can call her and she'll talk to me for a long time. And we always have fun conversations. I'm not sure exactly how we get onto the topics we end up talking about, but it's always fun. Somehow we got around to Chinese plums, a topic I will have to add more about later, if I end up finding what I hope I find... Again, something that never ocurred to me before... It is giving me something to which to look forward. I'll keep you posted ;). Oh, and as an added bonus, I usually get to talk to Desiree whenever I call Christina. I don't understand half of what Desiree says to me, and she usually tells me random stuff, like that Ariel's tummy is full. But I love to hear her little voice and hear her say "I love you. Bye-bye." And it's exciting to me that she recognizes me and she knows that it's me to whom Christina is talking. I'm hoping that when I get to WA in a few months, Desiree will know me immediately. Saria will, because she's older. I hope Samuel will too. Benjamin probably won't...

Oh! I added a new thing on the right (actually, I just changed it to the top... Tell me if you think that looks dorky up there and if you think it should be on the right somewhere... I originally had it under my picture). It's the movie quote thing. I've decided not to do a new movie quote each day, but rather, each week. So, it's the "Movie Quote of the Week." And like I said, feel free to make guesses in the comments. And don't cheat and read other people's answers! Anyway, this way I don't have to have as many movie quotes as quickly.

Oh, and Brad and I had a good laugh when he called to tell me "Coy" on Friday (okay, that's an inside joke) and so I went ahead and told him: "[I] can turn the world on with [my] smile". The great thing is that Brad knew exactly what I was talking about (so did Christina when I told her this) and Brad laughed when I said it. And then he laughed even harder when I told him that I posted on here that he was going to say I was conceited. Oh, and Christina is good at the movie quote thing, so don't be surprised if she beats the pants off of all of you guys :). I LOVE my siblings.

Well, that about sums up my exciting life. I do want to leave you with this picture of 3 totally awesome, radically cool kids in 1988 when jean jackets were all the rage. And then I'll put in the current photo :). Because, really.... would this be a Nilla post without a picture or two???

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Wedding Singer--Love,Aunt Hila

Katherine Ronachert said...

ditto, i knew it off the bat. LOVE THAT MOVIE!

Nilla said...

Well, you know they say it takes a while to work out the kinks in anything new... So, I immediately figured out how I could keep from giving it away in case someone guesses it right... Since I moderate my comments, I can just not publish them until the next morning (at least, any of the comments having to do with the movie quote guess). I will post all of this week's movie guesses as I get them, but starting next week, I will only post all comments at the end of each day so it's a little more of a "competition". Sorry that this didn't occur to me until just now!

juliebean said...

The wedding singer!! Go me!! I knew it without looking. I promise not to tell Jon that you badmouthed what he considers the best movie in the WHOLE world. :)

Kira =] said...

wedding singer. dead give away since you mentioned the movie in the previous post. =]

Nilla said...

Yes, I realized that I'd put in a recent post that I'd watched it after I'd used this as my movie quote... At least this way I know people actually READ my blog posts :). Haha. I'll do better next time around! That was just the only one I could remember word-for-word without my notebook!!! Thanks for playing though :). Maybe next time it will be more challenging :).