Saturday, January 12, 2008

A Weekend Post? SHOCKING!

Well, what the heck. This will give some people something to read today, and some other people something extra to enjoy later on. Haha. Because I know you ENJOY everything I write. Maybe I am conceited :)...

You know what? Blogging is an addiction. Seriously. It is the one thing that has made me wish I actually had internet access at home. I will probably have it when I move to WA. Then it will seem more practical. For now, though, while I sit in a cube at work 5 days a week, I feel like I have ample access... Why spend the extra money? I guess that's always my philosophy.

Yesterday after work, I went and paid the power bill. Bills are so much fun. Then I came home and did some laundry and read until my friend Virginia called. Viriginia is an engineering instructor at the University. So I got to grace another building on campus with my presence yesterday when I went to meet her in her office. Of course, first I had to actually find the building. See, I work and attend all of my classes in the same building. And I know two or three other buildings on the whole campus. The one where I had to take the test so I could apply for my current job, the one where I go to pay tuition, and the one with the bookstore inside. I have no reason to go the other buildings. So, I think it was lucky I found the building at all :). Anyway, Virginia and I went and walked around the mall. We looked at all the sales racks in JCPenney and then went to the Dollar Tree. That's where I spent money. Haha. They have canned Pepsi products 3 for $1.00. Even factoring in the 9% sales tax, each can only costs 36 cents. Probably not a good thing that I found this bargain, because I had been doing good about not drinking sodas. Oh well. It's not like I'm a mall frequenter anyway. But, last night was the second time in a week that I bought 3 sodas at the dollar store. However, if you want to look at the bright side, it did mean that I didn't buy a drink at the food court (which would have been much more pricey) with my meal. I ended up having a hankering for Chinese food. Which is rare for me, believe me. I probably won't eat it again before I leave for Washington. Maybe it was those Chinese plums.... Maybe they just got me in the Chinese mood ;).

Oh, and I have the worst upstairs neighbors. The worst. Number one, they need to get a new bed. Number two, they need to learn how to go to sleep at normal hours. And number three, they need to learn that, once you get into bed, you don't have to get back out of bed 50 times in 3 hours. It sounds like an elephant lives upstairs. I kid you not. Ask Julie. She spent the night once and heard it...

Oh, and here's a question for you: what's the point in asking a blessing on food that is in no way healthy? For example, how much nourishment and strength can my meal of soda and jalapeno cheese poppers provide me? I did actually say a blessing on my food and at least show gratitude for the money I have to purchase items that will, even if they do nothing else, satiate my hunger and my (constant) craving for anything with cheese :). But who am I kidding? There is no way the jalapeno poppers I have eaten today are going to do much in the way of offering me good nutrients... Well, except there are carbs, cheese, and a veggie: jalapeno pepper pieces. Okay, I think I'm just rationalizing now.

Well, hope this random (and surprising) post about nothing in particular gave someone a smile or two :).

4 comments:

juliebean said...

That is a great comparison, your upstairs neighbor and an elephant. They need to move is what they need to do. haha. I really don't understand how a bed could be SO LOUD. I mean, if it was that loud to the downstairs neighbor, it must be deafening to the guy in it! Maybe he's deaf.....

Katherine Ronachert said...

ok so i was so excited, because most people i check are weekday bloggers (not that i've been the best at daily updates lately.) anyway, thanks for helping me by pointing out the obvious. also, you could always bless the healthy parts of the meal to override the not so healthy elements. like say "please bless this cheese that it will stomp out the fried fatty part." ha ha ha. oh, and just as a side note, i'd make sure that any potential future renters are not aware of your elephant infestation.

Nilla said...

Oh, I should say that I do whole-heartedly believe in saying blessings on my food (even if it's not healthy). It occurs to me that maybe it sounded like I really don't see a point in it. And that is not that case ;). I guess I should have said, "Can such unhealthy food really be blessed to strengthen and nourish" :)?

Kira =] said...

Or what blessing do you say on the refreshment after FHE when you know it's almost always chocolate? I ask that it will taste good and fill our tummies. =]