Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Bad Eating Habits

So, somewhere along the way on Saturday, it occurred to me that I had not actually eaten any meat that day. And I'm not entirely sure I ate any meat on Friday either. And I know I didn't eat any meat on Sunday. And I was heating up my lunch yesterday (leftover olive pizza from Sunday night) and was not shocked to realize I still had not eaten any meat. I do not have an aversion to meat or anything. Believe me, I do eat meat. I just do not crave it, and I can go several meals (and apparently several days) without eating it and not missing it. (I probably need to figure out how to feel this way about carbs...). Anyway, this has nothing to do with anything. I just thought I would share. It's not intentional that I don't eat meat all the time. It just somehow happens. I look back over my day and what I ate, and at least 60% of the time, I have not consumed any actual meat. Probably I should do better about cooking real meals more and then I would probably eat more meat. Maybe. But I consider Velveeta Shells & Cheese a meal in itself, and I cook that, so, maybe my theory is flawed... :o). Oh, and no lectures about my meatless meals ;). I know it's probably not healthy. And again, it's not intentional. It just happens.

I have to say I was bummed when I got to work and didn't have any emails :(. I'd had a weekend full of great emails, and then I had none this morning. It was so sad. (Haha, I got over it :)).

Oh, so want to hear something absolutely terrible? Okay, not terrible like a real tragedy. Just a small one in my life... I found out I have to present my findings for my 20 page paper on the first night we do that, which is February 7. Since I am on campus and have easier access to the materials... I suppose it will make me get my rear in gear (hey, I'm a poet and didn't know it ;)) and do the research. Which I have been successful at avoiding all weekend. Goodness, I'm such a horrible slacker! They should make school as fun as, say, blogging! Then perhaps I would be interested ;).

Oh yeah! So, while eating my olive pizza at lunch yesterday, I was reminded of family pizza nights in Panama. So I will share that memory. Ben had already moved to WA, so he wasn't usually with us. But the other 5 of us (Mom, Dad, me, Brad, and Christina) would go out to a pizza place in Panama City. Well, even though we loved Sorrentos and went there every so often, it was a lot further into Panama City than Pizza Italia. So, we usually went to Pizza Italia. I don't think I'm wrong when I say our entire family of 5 could each get about a 10-inch pizza (one for each of us) and pay $20. It was pretty awesome. And they had the old brick ovens and so we could watch them make the pizzas and throw the dough, etc. Dinner and a show! Oh, Sorrentos had this aspect too. Anyway, this was what we always ordered: Mom and Dad: vegetarian (vegetariano) (they love vegetables), me: mushroom pizza (hongos), Brad: green olives (aceitunas), and Christina: shrimp and pepperoni (don't remember the Spanish for this). And to top it all off, my dad would complete the order by saying: todos con doble queso! (Translation: all with extra (double) cheese!). And you wonder why I have a love affair with cheese... It's in the genes people. Anyway, I know those all seem like strange pizza toppings. Green olive pizza? Shrimp on pizza? Yep, I know. But, that is really what we got every time we went! And it was good. Well, maybe not the shrimp. I don't particularly like seafood too much.

Well, while I'm sure that I will have plenty to say after this morning's class (cringe), I don't have all that much to say right now. Today is also Strive for Five weigh-in. I'll either be accountable this afternoon or tomorrow, depending on whether or not I feel like writing another blog post. But for now, for your viewing pleasures... check out these bathing beauties:
Those are the four girl cousins that will be present at Lyman Family Reunion 2008! Can you spot me? Oh, and the one in the orange "towel"... That's Mrs. S. Great story: There were no more towels, so she used the floor mat. And it's entirely possible - and from the looks of it, highly probable - that Christina (the youngest one) had a hand towel wrapped around her. Ah, sweet childhood... Maybe we should do this again as adults... What says you, Elka? Haha!! I'm totally kidding.

2 comments:

Katherine Ronachert said...

i don't think you want to see my poor road map of a body. stretch marks were very kind ot me during pregnancy. fyi, wendy got the quote right.

April said...

Not eating meat is good for you! You will only hear cheers about that from me :)

But, then again, I too, consider shells and cheese a wonderful dinner...not every night, but sometimes cheese is all you need! Ha!