Sunday, January 27, 2008

Fire at the Table

So Friday afternoon was a blast. I got off work at 11:45 and met up with my friend Virginia. She treated me to lunch at Pepito's, which is this Mexican place here. Then I took her back to the Engineering building so she could work on grading papers while I went to the post office to pick up my package. It was my semi-new coat! Yay! For picture references, you can re-visit my Tri-City Blitz posts and look at Elka's lovely gray coat. It is awesome. Very warm and snug and looks great! My first real coat :). I was so excited. Brad called me while I was doing all this. He is hilarious. And I have to add this: he's a dork :). Not for any particular reason. He just is ;). And maybe he's reading this... After that, I went and helped Virginia organize some of her papers she has to grade and then headed home to get a quick shower and get ready to go to the Temple. So Virginia and I headed over the Birmingham Temple and got there around 5:45. It was a very cold evening. So I wore my coat :). And it kept me toasty warm. After the Temple, we decided we were hungry enough to eat again (lunch was very filling), so we pulled off the Interstate and ate at a place called Jade Garden. I've really eaten a lot of Chinese and Chinese-type food recently, which is suprising :). Actually, this restaurant was very good. We got the Pu Pu Platter and some Vegetarian Chow Mein, and we split all of that. I have to say, I was impressed with the presentation of the Pu Pu Platter. It came out in the bowl in the picture and in the middle was fire! So I had to go grab my camera and take a picture! And I was able to coerce my camera into taking one more picture on dying batteries. So yay :). Oh, and according to my fortune cookie, "An unexpected event will soon make your life more exciting." Hmmm... How exciting does it have to be to make a vaNILLA life more exciting? Are we talking finding a shiny new penny on the ground-exciting or finding the man of my dreams-exciting :)? Yeah, probably the penny. Because that's about all it takes to make my life exciting ;).



I will, of course, be posting numerous pictures in my next post about Atlanta. But suffice it to say, for the moment, that I survived :). When I got my shower tonight (can you tell this is totally unrelated to anything? Isn't that just so Nilla of me?), I used this conditioner that Jeni gave me a while back. She gave me several different ones and I've been making my way through them. So I finally got to this one called "Trader Joe's". Oh my gosh! You know that smell that the Jergen's lotion used to smell like? It smells like that. I LOVE that smell! It smells so good! Well, except when, in attempting to smell it some more, you squeeze the bottle to get a whiff of it and some of the conditioner comes out and goes up your nose. Then it's a bit too strong. But other than that, I LOVE the smell :). Oh, and other random story: So Stefanie comes to my room after my shower and goes, "I need some help." She was trying to put a barrette-looking clip back onto a bag of sugar. She had to borrow the sugar from the guy next door. Now, this is the guy who I think secretly wants to be an exhibitionist. He lives on the ground floor, with his huge sliding glass doors facing the parking lot, and he keeps his blinds open all the time. And, although I've never witnessed this, Stefanie says he likes to walk around without a shirt on. So we always refer to him as "shirtless guy." So Stefanie said we should invite him over for dinner some time and I was like, "Yeah, only if we post a sign that says, "No shirt, no shoes, no service." Haha. I'm so corny :). Anyway, so she borrowed this sugar from him and was like, "I don't know how to put this clip back on, it's funky! I don't want to look like an idiot when I return it!" Well, I couldn't figure it out either (turns out it's a Pampered Chef thing) (Also turns out you have to be a rocket scientist to be pampered, because neither of us could figure that barrette-looking thing out ;)). So Stefanie just returned it to him with the clip left off. Then, when she came back, she told me about having gone over to ask him if she could borrow it. Now, this is hilarious to me. She said he invited her in when he went to ge the sugar. So she went in. And she said to him, "Don't you usually not wear a shirt?" Oh Stefanie... I was like, "You asked him that!?!?" She was like, "Yeah. He laughed. Then he said, 'yeah, but it's cold now.'" Oh Stefanie... She cracks me up. What can I say?

And Tarylyn (my sis in law) created a blog! Yay! I am a good recruiter. I deserve a cookie :). Well, for now, that's all I have to say. Tomorrow, however, I will have a post replete with pictures. So, check back soon :)! I feel like I'm trying to sell something :)...

1 comment:

Katherine Ronachert said...

haven't read the blog yet. but the quote is from sleepless in seattle. love that movie. ugh. i'm an in the closet romantic.