Friday, January 4, 2008

Fulfilling Requests

Okay, it seems I've had a few requests recently. So here are either fulfillments or promises of fulfillment.

1. Kira, here is the link that Kristin sent me so that you can have a different blog template: pyzam Be aware, though, that you will have to change stuff on the side if you've added stuff (like your pictures of Carlise and Wesley). You'll have to re-add those. That was the other reason I didn't opt to change... What can I say? I'm lazy :).

2. Julie remembers when I promised to try to make title posts out of different songs. Yes, I kind of fell down on that. Unless it just comes to me, I don't ponder it much. But I promise I'll do better and try to pick up on that again every once in a while :).

3. Julie also thought it would be cool if I did a quote from a movie each day and let everyone try to guess what movie it comes from. I will probably not replace my inspirational quote of the day (because I'm a sap for those) but I can always add a movie quote of the day. So, let me stock-pile some movie quotes and I'll start that up. That should be fun. And then maybe I'll get a bunch of comments. I'm such a loser... I get excited about comments :). Oh, and in case you're reading this and you're one of the people who doesn't actually know me (other than what you have read on my blog), when I implement the movie quote thing, you can feel free to leave guesses too. Haha. Just thought I'd throw that in.

4. This one was technically fulfilled yesterday through email. But it would be a shame to not share it with you and explain it. Kristin wanted a copy of this picture:

And now I'm sure you are all feeling a need for an explanation as to why I have a picture of a brick wall with names and dates on it. If you look closely, you'll see my name. With the year 2000. Okay, that is the Page Rec Room. That brick wall is part of what remains of the building (Kristin, help me out here... I think it used to be a school) ontop of which now stands Houston-Love Memorial Library in Dothan. One day back in 2000, I crawled (literally crawled) around under the building, armed with my camera, to get this shot. Kristin says she has since added her name. Perhaps when I go back to Dothan for Spring Break, she and I can manage another trip under there to take an updated photo. Anyway, the pages were the guys that shelved the books in the main room. I figured since I did the same job in the children's room, I could be included as a page. Anyway, they are planning to build a new library in Dothan, so I wonder what will ever become of this wall. But at least I have proof that it was there and that we signed it :). Wouldn't it be hilarious if the Grand Poobah of the library world were to see this one day if they knocked down the current library building? It's not like the culprits wouldn't be known, since we all signed our names. Haha.

Okay, that fulfills all my requests. I do want to say this: for any of you who might have gone and listened to the "Mary Tyler Moore" theme song... I'm really not conceited. And sorry that you don't like the song Julie :). I still like the song. But I know that I don't really turn the world on with my smile :). I say that in complete jest. Which is why I need to call my brother Brad and tell him that. He will know I'm kidding. But he'll still tell me I'm conceited :).

I have watched a few movies this week. I rented Premonition the other night. I thought it was decent, but I still think it should have ended better. I think they were trying to leave the ending open to interpretation, but I sure do like it when they just announce that it ended happily, rather than letting you make up your own mind. I'm going to assume it ends happily. And I mean happily according to my own personal idea of happily. It doesn't end sad. But I have my ideals of what should be the end... I also watched Hello Again on Wendesday night and then The Wedding Singer last night. This is how I like to come up with movie quotes. By watching the movies :). Also, Stefanie, my roommate, called me when I got off work and asked me if it was okay with me if she cooked dinner for us. Which was fine with me. So, we ate Fallafel (spelling?) pitas. Something I'd never had before... She did a good job. They were pretty good. She also made sausage, in case the fallafels didn't turn out. So we ate the sausage balls too. Then later, I made hot chocolate. And today was another cold morning. But then I heard that it's supposed to warm up to about 70 over the weekend. Unreal. Alabama weather is just nuts! Oh and yay! It's Friday and I get off work at 11:45 and I don't have to do anything for the rest of the day. Or tomorrow, for that matter. So, I will be sleeping-in. Sounds fantabulous :).

1 comment:

Kira =] said...

Thanks, but I'll stick with what I got. I couldn't stand the ads on the site long enough to look, so what I got works great! =]