Saturday, January 19, 2008

Let It Snow!

I must confess: I drove to campus (the place I hate to be Monday through Friday) solely to write a new post. Yes, so sad to admit it. But I have already had enough eventful stuff happen since yesterday morning that I need to go ahead and post! Because, since April is going to be spending tomorrow night at my apartment for a girlie night, there will be plenty more to share Tuesday. And besides, the University is closed on Monday, so I can't post then, so we'll count this post as a "make-up" post :).

So, I went to Wal-Mart yesterday after work. Yesterday was payday, so this was my usual payday routine. However, there was a ton of people in Wal-Mart yesterday. Why? Well, because 3-4 inches of snow had been forecast, and people were stocking up for just in case they got snowed-in. (Yes, insert your laughs here, any of you who live anywhere where it does snow every year). My first question is this: do people just not have food in their house anymore to make it through one or two days of not being able to leave the house? I mean, even if I hadn't gone to the grocery store, Stefanie and I would have been fine, because we have chicken and meat and all sorts of other food. It's just strange to me that most people don't have enough food to even last one day. Kind of scary too. I guess you would have to eat out for literally every meal of the day. And that seems strange to me... Not to mention expensive.

Anyway, while at Wal-Mart, I printed a whole bunch of pictures I've been needing to print (65 of them). This did not include the Northeast trip, as I had already printed those previously. And since I had forgotten one CD, which had pictures from March 2007 until November 2007, I still have not gotten all of the pictures printed, and so my photo albums are still not updated. But I'm getting there, slowly but surely. I did get all the pictures I did print labeled and into my photo album in chronological order. I'm obsessive about that... the chronology. Maybe it helps me remember dates...

So, after doing that for a while, Pace and his younger sister Talli came over and they and Stefanie invited me to play some games. So, I made some homemade hot chocolate while Stefanie popped some popcorn, and then we played "Hand and Foot" (which is like Canasta) and two dice games (one is called "Greed). And now I have 3 new games to add to my repertoire. And don't I just look lovely? (Thanks Stefanie...)I went to sleep around 1 this morning and slept quite soundly again (with toilet paper in my ears and all...). I woke up for some reason around 8:00. I thought, "Is it snowing?" I looked outside, and No. No snow. Looked very overcast though. So I crawled back into my warm bed. Oh yeah, Stefanie had gotten up some time before that to put her bread in the oven and start the dishwasher, but I guess she went back to sleep. Anyway, my dad called me at about 8:19 to tell me to be careful driving because it was supposed to snow up here. I told him that I'd already looked outside and that it had not snowed. I went back to sleep. I woke up around 9:30. Then went back to sleep. Then Stefanie burst into my room at about 10:00 and exclaimed, "Hila! It's snowing!" So, we got up and went outside to witness the snow fall. And I must say... It was SNOWING! Harder than it snowed when I was in NYC! So, enjoy these winter wonderland pictures from Alabama! (This took 10 years for me to see!) (Oh, and please forgive how awful I look first thing in the morning :)).Oh, and it stopped snowing after about an hour, and by noon, any snow that had stuck to the grass and trees was gone. But, it was fun while it lasted!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

It's snowing. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Katherine Ronachert said...

lucky. we are having a high of 27 degrees tomorrow and no snow forcasted. ugh. but we did go to 5 guys. delicious!

juliebean said...

Of course, it did not snow in Fl. I hope you enjoyed it for me. I heard it snowed as far south as Montgomery. My hubby was driving home from NC Friday night and they were salting the interstate, getting ready for some snow action! How cool is that?

Chimene's Life said...

Thats great that you finally got to see snow Hila*smiles*. Crazy that you went all the way to school just to post this lOl but thats great though *smiles*.

Kira =] said...

is that stephanie barker?