Thursday, January 24, 2008

Squeaky Bed = Hilarious Roommate

Well, my evening was rather benign last night. I went home and decided I wanted a real meal. So I went by WinnDixie and got a Stouffer's skillet meal for Chicken Teriyaki. I don't know why, I've just had a huge craving for stir fry lately. Anyway, this was actually quite good. So I ate dinner and actually did some school work! As some of you may remember from last semester, I am not a big fan of doing school work at home. So this was quite impressive for me, if I do say so myself. Of course, I lose interest in it very fast, but at least I have a list of books I need to go locate today about information literacy in public libraries. I also started reading one of my medical horror books for my Adult Services class. That is the genre I picked from which to read and booktalk five different books from five different authors. So, I have started on Robin Cook's Crisis. I've never before read anything by him, but he tends to be popular, so now's a good time to give it a try :).

Well, around 10:00, I went out to lay out my lunch stuff for today. This is mostly because I don't have time to think in the mornings. And this way I just grab my stuff and go. So, I left my room and walked down the hall toward the kitchen. I passed by Stefanie's room and heard her laugh. And after I'd gone by her door, I heard her open her door and say, while laughing, "Give me something to hit the ceiling with." She thought I was in my room, so she had gone that way, so I had stopped and turned and said, "Stef, I'm over here. Why?" And she turns back toward her room and she's like, "Because that's disgusting." So I walk toward her room, expecting to find a bug on the ceiling. As I get closer, I see nothing. But then I see Stefanie pull a hangar out of her closet (she's still laughing), stand on her bed, and start banging on the ceiling. And then it hits me: apparently our upstairs neighbors have, not one, but 2 squeaky beds. So I start laughing. Then Stefanie drops the hangar and just starts banging on the ceiling, and then she goes, "STOP IT!" I laughed so hard. Then she goes, "Well, I think I killed their mood." This was so hilarious to me. Stefanie then says, "If you have a squeaky bed, then you should have to live on the ground floor!" (Well, I second that opinion :)). And then she goes, "I mean, if they knew their bed was squeaky, they could have asked and I would trade with them." And then she stops and goes, "...well, not now, but before." Anyway, I laughed so hard. It was just too funny....

...until I got woken up at 2:35 this morning. Then it wasn't so funny anymore. And not even my trusty ear-plugs could suppress the sound. So now bolth Stefanie and I have been graced with this experience. Poor Stefanie. Poor me.

So, public service announcement: If you know your bed is squeaky and you feel amorous, how about just using the couch or the floor? And if you can't do that... do everyone within earshot of your bed a favor: ABSTAIN.

Oh yeah, so remember that picture of good ole Lonnie on the sit-n-spin? Well, here's a couple more to prove that librarians just have more fun than most people ;).

Yep, that's Kristin up top and then me. I cannot believe that was over seven years ago. Anyway, the picture of Lonnie doing this was taken the same night. Librarians are ultra-hip and cool ;).

Oh yeah, and so I have the weirdest dreams. The night before last night I dreamed I was back in Cardenas (the little "town" in which I grew up in Panama) and I saw Mr. Herring over near the playground. Yeah, this is not helping any of you, but it's for personal memory reasons that I wrote it. And also, if my family reads this, they will be able to picture it mentally. And then last night I dreamed I was at Julie's house, only she was getting ready to move. And I was marvelling over some change they had made and how I couldn't believe there used to be a little bar (like a counter-top area) in this particular spot and how I could remember when it had been there before Jon took it out. Then I was somehow at Bruno's in Dothan and I decided I needed to stop being a wimp and go donate blood. So, I parked my car and went over to the booth to sign in. And it was like everyone was Hispanic, and so when I started talking to the guy in Spanish, he was very impressed. And then all of a sudden, a bunch of people I knew from high school (Jose, Maritzel, the girl whose last name was AveLellamant (Amber?), and a few others I don't right now remember) came into the bloodmobile. I was like, "What are you guys doing here?" And they were like, "Giving blood, what do you think?" And I said, "I mean in Alabama!" I told them that I had my camera in the car (which I clearly remember in the dream that I felt like I should have brought the camera into the blood donation place with me, but decided that was silly) and that I wanted to take pictures. And Maritzel was like, "No! I look terrible!" And I was like, "You? Well, look at me!" Anyway, I don't think I ever got around to giving blood, but we all got called back at the same time and they had us draw numbers or something and I got an 8 and that meant something significant that the nurse girl told me and it didn't sound good. It sounded like it was the most painful and longest of all of the processes they have at the blood donation place. Haha... What can I say? I have a super-active subconscious :).

12 comments:

Kristin said...

Bom Chicka wahWaH~ That was so funny. I would have went up on their floor and banged on their door. hehe. Gosh I forgot about that pic of me. We were 21. Gosh, we were soooo young. I still can't belive Lonnie showed up, but dang sure glad he did. Now, we are just old

Nilla said...

21? Ha! We weren't even 21! We were still only 20. It was a blast though. Love that there's an "over the hill" balloon in one of the pictures. Man... Over the hill at 20? We must be nearly dead now!

Nilla said...

Oh yeah, and so if we're nearly dead at 27, I'm sorry for the implications for those of you who read this who are in your 50s (Aunt Hila, and sometimes Mom :), and anyone else...). :o)

Anonymous said...

I'm older than dirt. Love, Aunt Hila

Katherine Ronachert said...

so are you still up on campus for some reason, or do you just miss the blog world that much?

Katherine Ronachert said...

of course, i'm going to feel pretty stupid (soap in the mouth) if the comment you wrote on my blog was from way earlier during the evening, and i'm just now checking it. how's my grammar?

Nilla said...

Still on campus, Elka. Sent you an email :).

Katherine Ronachert said...

haven't received an email yet. i'm currently procrastinating the load of laundry i have to fold.

Katherine Ronachert said...

just received it.

Jeni said...

That's hilarious, Hila, about your um, frisky, upstairs neighbors. I had a couple juuuuust like them that lived behind me in college. They were like freaking clockwork. Oh, to have their energy.

Anonymous said...

There must be something in the water. I'm ready to buy my upstairs neighbor a new bed too! On second thought I could use some of my engineering skills to design a girlie canopy bed that is really a sound suppression system! It's that or use the "ninja" skills to silence them...

Nilla said...

Seriously... Don't they know that 2:35 a.m. was created for sound sleep? :). Like the ninja skills idea, Virginia. In fact, if you do use them on your neighbors and it works, I'll hire you to use them on mine :).