Monday, January 14, 2008

Of Things to Come

Okay, WOW. I guess I should get the boring stuff out of the way :). Well, it's not all boring. But it's not as exciting as the cool stuff! Saturday, other than feeding my blogging fix, I watched a movie with Virginia, and then didn't do much else. Oh, except I did call my cousin Elka and help her fix something on her blog. So it was nice to talk to her and laugh for a few minutes. I also talked briefly with all of my siblings (or their spouses) and my mom. So that was nice. On Sunday I went to church, and that was great. You know something? There is nowhere in this ward I would rather be than where I am: in nursery with the little kids. They are great. They just come and plop themselves into your lap like they belong there and play with their little toys. If you ever just need to feel loved and accepted, go to nursery and sit down. In a little while, some adorable 2 year old is going to show up in your lap and want to show you their cool toy they've found. And then you'll feel all warm and loved. Anyway, after church I baked a cake for dinner, since Stefanie signed up for us to feed the missionaries. We ate spaghetti and meatballs, salad, garlic bread, and cake. It was a good meal. Then I rode with Pace and Stefanie to the CES Fireside, which we watched at Cody's house, since there was a missionary open-house going on at the church building. After getting home, I talked to my mom again and read some before bed. And of course, as it is with most Mondays, here I am at work again. I'm going to be honest: I think there is a conspiracy. I am CONVINCED that the temperature only gets below freezing (and therefore causes ice to appear on my windshield) on days when I have to get up early and go to work. I guess there's always the (slim) possibility that my windshield was iced over yesterday morning at 6:50, but since I didn't have to be out and about that early, I wouldn't know. It's entirely possible (but highly improbable) that the ice simply melted before I got outside. Personally, I believe it only ices over when I have to be up that early and when I'm supposed to be headed to work, but instead have to de-ice the car. I'm telling you... It's a conspiracy! :).

Ooooo ooo ooo!! Okay, and now onto things to come! Great news for all my family who read this blog! We have a place to have the family reunion!!! My mom talked to the Bishop and he said there was no problem with using the Cultural Hall! So, this means we now have to start talking dates! So, I was thinking, Elka and Aunt Hila, and whoever else wants to add their 2 cents' worth... Maybe we could use new technology, like blogs or even creating a website dedicated to it, to keep the family in the loop. And that way, people can feel like they have a place in which to add input and they can see what plans are being made. Like, Elka, you and I could put a survey on our blogs about the food... Traditional fare (if we do this on Thanksgiving) or non-traditional... Or a mix. Anyway, maybe it will increase my blog traffic! Haha. I'm such a dork :). Anyway, just some thoughts. Either way... We have a place to meet, so now we have to decide when! Also, my mom and I tallied up the head-count last night if everyone comes (and that includes some extended family already in WA that my mom mentioned). The number: 47. Yes, 47!!! And actually, I think 35 of that 47 are actually the product of G&G! How awesome is that! Anyway, I have big plans and I'm so excited about the reunion.

Okay, and the other thing to come... So, I have a friend named Emily. She and I went to school together. She sat in front of me in Algebra II in 10th grade, and then we had several other classes together. Oh yeah, and we wrote the most awesome play for Spanish V class. It was titled "Se what?" And it was a huge play on words. It's great. I still have my copy. It is hilarious. Oh, and we can't forget that her sister helped us write it! We had to perform it for the class, which was slightly embarassing. But it was still fun. I was the ditzy non-Spanish speaking waitress who mistook the word "maize" (which means corn) for the English word "mice" and so I had to scream like a girl (which, luckily, I am one :)) and act all afraid that they had seen a mouse. And imagine doing that in front of your whole Spanish class. Anyway, that was a total side-story (I'm good at that). So, Emily lives close to Atlanta now and so we're planning to get together next weekend! It's been 10 years since I've seen her (since I left Panama). How awesome is it going to be to meet up with an old friend and catch up on life! Anyway, I am excited and I plan to take pictures! What's that you say? You say you want me to make sure to share the pictures with you? Like you even need to ask. Of course I will! :).

Oh, and I put up a new movie quote! So, anyone who tries to guess it, your comments (if they include the movie guess) won't appear until next week. Just to keep it interesting! Oh, and everyone who guessed the other movie was right. It was The Wedding Singer. So come on, people! Send me some guesses!

5 comments:

Kira =] said...

Yes, 2 year olds are wonderful. (most of the time) Last sunday as I walked past the mirror I thought, "Man, I look like crap." As my toddler is standing at my bedroom door she sees me and says, "Oh Mommy! You look so pretty!" =]

Chimene's Life said...

Glad someone likes kids lOl. I do to a certin extent lOl. Then my patience disapears after a while lOl. I'm more animel lover then a kids lover sadly.

Katherine Ronachert said...

i KNOW that quote, but cannot remember where from. darn. well, off to buy cheese steaks, and you are more than welcome to fly up for a visit!

Nilla said...

Okay, I have had zero guesses on the quote. So I'm going to give a hint (since by this time last week, I had 3 correct guesses!). It's from a chick-flick. From 1995. I guess I'll give hints until someone gets it. Then once someone figures it out, I'll stop giving hints :).

juliebean said...

i know what it is~!!! WHile you were sleeping!! The greatest movie ever. love ya girlie