Thursday, October 11, 2007

Weigh Day

Hello everyone! I didn't feel like I really had much to say yesterday, so I didn't write. Basically, Tuesday night I went to Institute. And yesterday I came to work and had two classes. So seriously, nothing "to write home about." Oh, I have steadily continued to pack up. I only have a few things left to pack in the kitchen (mostly the things I still need to use so I can actually LIVE there until I don't anymore).

Today was weigh-in day. I only lost .2 pounds, but at least it wasn't any gained! I haven't done a good job of walking to work this week. I just haven't been able to drag myself out of bed in time to walk. But it turns out that the apartment to which I am moving has a fitness center, so hopefully I will make good use of it. Anyway, my team lost the same amount (the .2 ounces). We now weigh in at 432.8. I doubt we'll lose the 10 pounds we set as a team to lose, but at least we will have lost something!!! Oh, and they took a picture of the three of us on the scale. They will give it to us at the end, and I will post it so you can see my team.

Okay, so I'll just write a story. And actually, I thought of it when I wrote the last post (I am woman), because those are words to a song by Helen Reddy. My mom has her CD. I can picture it now. Anyway, she listened to it enough so that I know most of the lyrics to "I Am Woman." Well, back in the days of Nintendo (the original), Brad and I used to play Battletoads. There was this one part of the game where you go down the "Wookie Hole" and your toad is hanging from a "rope" and has to kill all the crows as he falls. Well, so Brad's would be dropping on one side of the screen, and mine would be on the other side. It was possible to kill each other, even though that wasn't the goal. But one time Brad did it by accident to me (killed my toad), and so from then on, we would kill each other's toad, just to do it. Oh, and in other parts of the game, you could punch each other too. So anyway, at one point, I decided to kill Brad's toad, and I did it as I sang the words: "I am woman, see me grow, see me standing toe to toe!" I don't know why I sang those words (kind of an 'oh yeah, well take that... your lame SISTER just killed you!'). But it cracked Brad up. And so it became something I did often. Okay, I really was lame. But it made us laugh then, and it makes me laugh when I remember it now :).

No comments: