Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Like Death Warmed Over

Well, I feel like death warmed over. I am EXHAUSTED. I started packing last night, but did not get very far. The massiveness of what lies before me seems too immense and I don't even want to start. Ick. And the really sad part is that I only unpacked some of my boxes when I moved in, simply because I was not anticipating being here for more than 2 years. How do we acquire so much stuff anyway? Not that I have droves and droves of things, either. It's just that, when faced with a move, it's easy to wish I had nothing but an air mattress, a pillow, one plate, one cup, one fork/spoon (or spork) and nothing else. Of course, that would make for a highly depressing life. But I would literally be ready to move at a moment's notice :).

The good news is that the University has pro-rated my rent so that I can be officially moved out on October 15, when I will turn in the apartment keys. The bad news is that I still have not heard from the apartment complex to which I am moving about the status of my application. I do not anticipate a problem with this, as I have never been delinquent and I have good credit. But, until they say for sure that it has been approved, I will worry. So, I will have to call them again shortly, even though they did not return the call I placed yesterday. I'm sure it will all be okay, but like I said... I like to create things about which to worry.

I was going to try to write something funny from my past to make people laugh, but honestly, my mind is so tired, it can't even think up a good reminiscent story. So, breathe a sigh of relief that you won't have to hear another one of my stories today, and maybe I'll be fresh tomorrow with something interesting to say :). Or, as I will be doing more packing after I get out of class tonight, maybe I still won't be fresh tomorrow (or for the next week and a half, for that matter). You can keep your fingers crossed either way, according to your own individual opinion on my stories :).

No comments: