Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Everybody's Working for the Weekend

Okay, I think this is the music video for the song. I know the song's right. And if the video isn't, it's still hilarious enough anyway to watch...

By Wednesday I am making myself promises that the weekend is "right around the corner" in order to get myself out of bed :). I have actually commented to other people on the floor in the elevator on the way up in the morning that, "Who knew that band from the 80s was telling the truth when they sang 'Everybody's working for the weekend?'" Most everyone recognizes the words, but I don't know if they really know the tune. I think I am actually the youngest person in my department (not including student workers). That has actually never occurred to me before this exact moment. I might very well be the youngest full-time person on the whole 4th floor of the library. Well, now I'm feeling young again :). Woohoo!

You know, it truly amazes me how easily I get off on tangents. This is seriously how my brain works. All the time. It's constantly thinking. And usually I end up way out in left field from where I started. So, part of what I wanted to include in the paragraph about yucky early mornings was this comment to Julie: You have been replaced as my best friend... by this:

There once was a time when I never hit the snooze button. However, it is now an action with which I am intimately familiar. Every morning I convince myself that hitting "snooze" twice will be okay. And every morning, I can remember hitting the "snooze" twice, but I can't remember the other time or 2 that I hit it after that. But somehow it gets hit (maybe it's a "Snooze elf"?). Or maybe I somehow rationalize to myself that I have to wait to get up until the mouse gets out of its cage and pushes the alarm button... Either way, mornings are not my "cup o' tea."

In the good news category, I get to sleep in on Friday because the University gives its staff members a day's worth of hours to take off for their birthday. So yay! Turning 27 is really paying off :). Alas, that means that you will have to endure an extra day of no blog posts from me (hey, stop cheering...). Oh, also in good news, it seems Elka is up for an adventure when I go, and we are going to try to hit 3 big cities: Philly, D.C., AND New York. So, more than likely, the Nilla is going to Washington... and the Big Apple. And fair warning, I will be armed with my camera when I go, so please prepare yourselves properly for the flood of pictures that will surely follow :).

3 comments:

Katherine Ronachert said...

ok so i am so glad you wrote today! i was getting so sad thinking you weren't going to post! so great news, hubby's coming home tomorrow! yeah!!!

Nilla said...

Honestly, since I have class on Wednesday mornings, I usually try to wait until after class in the off-chance that it will provide something interesting for me to write :).

Heath Hopkins said...

That mouse is sneaky.