Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A Bucket of Money and a Week of Saturdays

I would sure love a bucket of money (preferably large bills) and a week of Saturdays. Anyone doling those out? If not, do you know anyone who is???

Just thought I'd check...

The past two days have been very rainy and dreary. The kind of days that are meant to be spent curled up under the comforter watching a good movie or reading a good book. Alas, I am doing neither and am instead at work.

Okay, I love technology sometimes. I have spent the last several months trying to convince Christina to email me some pictures of Desiree. She's really great at sending me pix messages on my cell phone, but she never gets around to sending me any through email. I've had to limit her in how many she can send, though, because it costs me money. And hey, as I've stated numerous times before, I live on the cheap. Anyway, my phone is on its last leg (literally). I have to always use the hands-free device to talk, because one of the hinges broke on the flip part of my phone. So I can't hold it to my ear and talk without the phone breaking apart. I thought I was going to be able to get a free new phone by signing up with Verizon for another 2 years, but it turns out I have to wait until November 25 (unless I want to pay money for it, which I do not). So, that's really just around the corner, and I think I can wait it out. But in the meantime, I have wondered about how I would get the pictures off of my phone. I have pictures of Desiree from when she was 3 months old, and I don't want to lose them. Anyway, Heath suggested I email them to myself. Well, this was a totally new concept to me - one I'd never even considered. So, I just sat down and tried it, and IT WORKED!!! So add that to the list of things Hila can do... I can email myself pictures from my phone... (Yes, this is a major accomplishment for me, as I am not prone to being tech-savvy).... I will never be able to "text-message" like these 18-year old Freshmen who text as fast as I type.... I have to sit and study the keypad on the phone to send anything, so it takes me forty forevers... Also, sadly, it costs me money to do this, so I will be selective in which pictures I keep...

So since I can't get Christina to email me a recent picture, here's two pictures of Desiree from my phone. The first one is from when she was 3 months old, and I took that picture. The second one is from about 2 weeks ago (she's 2 1/2) and she's all ready for winter... it's already cold in WA. Isn't she a doll?




2 comments:

juliebean said...

you posted this at 8:20 a.m.? Alysha said "it sucks to be you!" We do not get up that early!

Heath Hopkins said...

Awww. She's growing up. :(