Monday, October 29, 2007

[I'm] a [Carb]-Eater!

(Please sing the title of this blog to the 80's tune "Maneater." If you need help with the tune, please click the link :) ). "Ooo here she comes, watch out [bread], she'll chew you up." Oh, and the [brackets] are because I took liberties with the lyrics. I'm a die-hard English person I guess... Either that, or I'm just neurotic. You choose :).

I came up with a great idea (okay, so I think it's great, at any rate) over the weekend: adapt song titles for my blog posts. I might not be able to do this every time, but I'll make the effort... And, where possible, I will do my best to offer you help with the tune, just in case you don't know it already :).

I had a good weekend. It wasn't quite long enough (but is it ever?), but it was good. My friend Virginia and I went to the Birmingham Temple, and then we went to the Cheesecake Factory. Oh, that place is sooo delicious. What I ate there:
  • cajun chicken littles (breaded chicken fingers) - carbs
  • mac and cheese - carbs
  • mashed potatoes - carbs
  • two types of fresh bread they bring to the table at the beginning of the meal - carbs
  • cheesecake (Adam's peanut butter cup fudge ripple -- can you say heaven?) - there were probably carbs somewhere in this too)

Oh, Virginia and I split the meal, and I still took some home (enough for another meal). So that's good at least. Anyway, then I had a bridal shower to go to (I was pretty full when I left the Cheesecake Factory, but I figured maybe the food would settle and digest a little before the shower). So, at the shower, I ate:

  • raw veggies and dip
  • a sausage ball
  • a chicken salad sandwich - carbs
  • a chocolate covered strawberry (does this count as a fruit???)
  • cheeseball and crackers - carbs
  • a piece of cake - carbs
  • a grilled chicken tenderloin

After the shower, I went home and got comfy and finished writing my first (of three) term papers. Yay for me!!! I ate cereal at 9 because I was feeling munchy and I also needed to use up the milk (still have some left that I need to use up today) - carbs.

Sunday I went to church and then went home and ate lunch... leftover Velveeta Shells and Cheese - carbs. Then I went over to my friend Jeni's house because she and I went Visiting Teaching (this is a church thing where a pair of women in the congregation are paired up to visit 3 or four other women in the congregation and share a spiritual message and visit and check on them each month, make sure they are doing well, see if they need anything, etc). Jeni always does cute things and this month she bought these cute little pumpkin containers at the dollar store and she filled them with candy. She always does one for me too. She's really sweet. Anyway, so we went out to visit one of our sisters (Debbie) and she was baking cornbread. So, we each got a piece of cornbread, right out of the oven - carbs. But it was so warm and good :). Then I got home and finished up my crock-pot chicken and biscuits and after a shower, I ate that - carbs. So now you know... But I've never tried to hide or deny the fact that I could seriously live on bread and cheese. Ah, and I should also mention that my roommate baked two loaves of bread on Friday and I have eaten some of that too - carbs. :) :) :). Just thought I'd share :).

So, today I am at work. The weather was beautiful and balmy this weekend. This morning, however, it was FREEZING. I could see my breath (have I mentioned that this is how I determine that it is cold?). I was able to register for 2 of my 3 classes for Spring. Have to wait on the third because it's an online class and they make the on-campus students wait longer so the distance education people can get into the online classes first. Hopefully I'll make it into the class I want!!!

Oh! Christina sent me some pictures of Desiree. Oh, she's such a munchkin. And I'll post one on here for everyone. Okay, maybe two. I'd do more, but I won't inundate you all with pictures. I'll hold myself back :).



4 comments:

Katherine Ronachert said...

ok when i first read this and you wrote "English person", i thought, "wow she's british" (mind you we share similar genes!) ok, second time through, i realized English as in subject...

Nilla said...

Okay, this just proves you and I are going to have a blast together :).

juliebean said...

what are you doing going to Cheesecake Factory without me?? what is up with that?

Nilla said...

As I recall, you went to the Cheesecake Factory without me last year when YOU went to D.C. and Virginia!!! So what was up with that??? :). Hey, we'll always have the first time experience to share at least :).