Monday, October 8, 2007

Glorious AAA

Please notice I said Triple-A, not AA :).

So, this past weekend was General Conference (it's a church conference we have twice a year, for those who don't know). It was great, as usual. Saturday afternoon, I was returning home and stopped to get some gas. Well, I was talking to my mom on the phone while I pulled up, while I got out of the car, and while I was pumping gas. And then I went to get back into my car and found that the door was locked. You ever have one of those "there's just no possible way..." moments? I mean, I tried that door a couple more times and even looked in my window to VERIFY that my door was locked. And it was ("mystery" solved). It's just that I NEVER lock my door when I pump gas. But, because I was "otherwise distracted" by my phone conversation with my mom, I locked the door out of habit. Great going, Hila... So I was probably about a 10 minute walk from home. And I have a spare set of keys. But, genius that I am, I put that spare set of keys IN MY PURSE about a year ago, and have never taken them out. And where was my purse? On the passenger seat IN MY LOCKED CAR. In the words of the dude who showed up and unlocked my door in (literally) 30 seconds: "They aren't doing you a bit of good in there." Anyway, thank goodness for AAA. I joined a little over a year ago. And so, yeah, I didn't have to use them the first year and basically paid $43 for nothing. But, it sure came in handy this year!!! I just called them, they got my location (which it was next to impossible for me to get them an address for the gas station, so I had to describe other buildings around me until the operator lady could get a definitive address) and they sent a guy to unlock my door. Oh, and after spending about 15 minutes trying to figure out the address, I finally found the street address number on the building (even though, for the life of me, I couldn't find it the first time I looked, and even though the gas station attendants didn't have a clue what the address was...). Yeah, great stuff. The good news is that it cost me nothing and by the time I actually got home, the football game was over and I was able to get one of the 2 free parking spots at that point.

So other than that little adventure and Conference and packing, my weekend was pretty boring. I did sign my new lease on Friday afternoon, so all I have to do now is move in. Which I will be doing either this Friday or Saturday. I will be so glad to have this behind me!!

No comments: