Monday, October 15, 2007

Busy Weekend

Well, it was moving-day weekend. It's over. Now I just have to turn in my keys and it will all be official. The move went pretty smoothly. Now to get organized. Of course, it is always an adjustment to sleep in a new place. So, despite being seriously exhausted, I still have not gotten much sleep. Oh, and I also have to figure out how early I need to leave for work. I left the apartment at about 6:35 or 6:40 this morning, and I got to work in like 5 minutes. And, if you'll recall, we are not allowed into the building until right at 7, so that meant a lot of waiting. What I heard while waiting: Paula Abdul's "Straight Up" on my car's MP3 player. I heard something else too, but I don't remember what it was... Oh yeah, Madonna's "I'll Remember."

Oh, new things to add to my list of "Things that make me a strong woman": I now know how to take apart and put together my bed. This is actually harder than it looks. It gave me a whole new appreciation for men :). And moving big queen size mattresses definitely is easier with two people. Mine almost flattened me on Friday when I took the bed apart. Oh, and the lesson I learned when I put the bed together: put the bed frame together first in its entirety and then attach it to the headboard. Don't attach the two long pieces of the frame to the headboard first and then try to link those two together. Chances are you will not have judged the distances correctly. So, just put the whole frame together first. Take it from me :).

Also, I told Kristin I would post about this dream, because I didn't remember to on Friday. This will just give you an example of how strange my dreams really are, and I seriously have NO IDEA from whence they come (to wax poetic for you) :). Okay, I'll call this the gorrilla dream. So in this dream, I was training a gorrilla in the SNOW. Only this snowy field was somehow in someone's house. And when I heard the owner of the house coming toward where we were, I told the gorrilla to hide. The signal for hide was apparently me putting my hands over my eyes. I guess that makes sense in a very Nilla way, but it's still weird, even by my standards :). Anyway, that was all of my dream. I have no idea, so don't ask...

4 comments:

Hila P said...

So I have a question...it relates to your strenght and your name. Your Great Aunt Hila and I used to talk about our name every once-and-awhile. We both agreed that the name "Hila" carried with it a certain power; that there was something special about the name. Have you ever felt that? Can't really put my finger on why we thought that the name carried strength, but we both felt that it did. Strength and courage! Just wanted you to know how we felt about our name, and wondered if you felt the same. Love, Aunt Hila

Nilla said...

Aunt Hila,
Truthfully, I've never felt strong and courageous. Even as I write about the things I have overcome, I sometimes see the overcoming of them as more of a miracle than my own strenght :). However, others have told me that I am strong and brave - that they don't think they could have done what I have done. So maybe I am. And maybe it does have to do with our shared name. I have never really thought of the connection. But what a neat thing to share with you and Great-Aunt Hila. And possibly my great-grandmother Hila, except I don't know of any stories from her life, so I can't say for sure...

Heath Hopkins said...

Were you training the gorilla to throw things at the cruise ships? :P

Hila P said...

Your great-great grandmother Hila Hannah Hendricks Morrison was very pretty. She married for love and some in her family thought that marrying Andrew Morrison was a bit beneath her. She died at 36 of tuberculosis. She loved the church. My grandfather, your great-grandfather remembers when she died; he was 6 yrs old. He told the story that when he went in to see her, and to say goodbye to her, she pressed the Book of Mormon into his hands and told him to always stay close to the church. When she died her family felt like Andrew hadn't taken the proper care of her.....that he should have done more.