Thursday, October 18, 2007

A Heavy Tooth?

Well, either the crown that fell out yesterday was really heavy, or I lost 1.2 pounds this past week :). You be the judge:
I think I'll just assume it was true weight loss ;). We were missing a member of our team today, but I'm pretty sure we still lost a little weight as a team. I lost 1.2 pounds by myself, so that was exciting :). Still hoping to keep up the weight loss. It is weird... I was looking through a box full of old stuff a few days ago and came across this little notebook from my junior year in high school in which I was recording my daily food intake (I guess it was a food journal), fat grams intake, and my weight each week. I am currently about 3 pounds heavier than I was in 11th grade. Apparently I was a chunky teenager... Not that I didn't know that then... Which was why I was dieting. I guess the good news is that I have managed to maintain (somewhat) that weight. However, it should be noted that 2 1/2 years ago, I was 30 pounds heavier than I am today. Yikes. I have recently looked at pictures of myself when I was that heavy and I don't even look like the same person! Weird.

I now have the requisite number of molars back in my head :). That was pretty quick and painless. The dentist commented that the tooth had probably been loose for a while and the starburst was just the final straw. So, they cleaned it up all pretty and cemented it up and glommed it back on into my mouth. Of course, then they floss around it to get all the excess cement off, and all I could think while I was sitting there was, "This thing's going to fly right back off." It didn't though, so that's great. It just always feels that way. It's truly amazing what modern technology and stuff can do :). However, despite the ease with which the crown was replaced, I still have sworn off chewey candy. Here's a list (off the top of my head) of what I will be (depressingly) giving up:
  • Starbursts (and probably Skittles too)
  • taffy (saltwater, laffy, etc)
  • hard caramel (this would include such candies as Milk Duds)
  • Bit O Honey (not that I eat this much, but every once in a while...)
  • Tootsie rolls (including the fruit flavored ones :( )

Yes, yes, probably better for me in the long run. And it's not like I actually go out and buy tons of these candies. In fact, I rarely, if ever, have them in my house. But you know how it goes... Once you can't have them, they are all you really want.

Before returning to work, I went home and ate lunch and decided to throw a load of clothes into the washer. Ah, I am basking in the sound of that sentence. Why, you ask? Because I haven't actually been able to say that sentence in a year, and have instead had to go to the laundromat. How wonderful to have a washer and dryer in the apartment once again :). Just another one of those things that I can appreciate now that I know what it's like to be without them. Ah, the simple pleasures of adulthood!!

No comments: