Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Reasons to Smile

I recently told my friend Tammy that I think I got a good mix of my mom and dad. My mother is an eternal optimist. She can find the silver lining in any cloud. My father tends to be the opposite and is quite pessimistic. I find that I can be both. But it is so much easier to be pessisimistic in this fallen world. It takes EFFORT to be an optimist, unless it just comes naturally. So, just because I mostly don't have a lot of time to write a way long post today on the mullings of my mind, I will keep this one short and just list some reasons for me to smile today :).

1. I have less than 114 days until I hope to be on the road and on my way to Washington. That translates into about 3 1/2 months.
2. I have only 2 more times I have to attend my crazy Wednesday class.
3. I get off work at 3:30 today.
4. My job is saving me $1668 in tuition this summer (that means I don't have to pay a dime, other than for books)
5. I have a job that pays all my bills and allows me to live quite comfortably.
6. I have amazing friends, both old and new. What's the song? Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other gold.
7. Free pizza! A faculty candidate interviewed with the library school this morning, and they always have a pizza lunch for the interviewee and the students who are on the floor. (That's one good thing about having class this morning).
8. I have a wonderful family.
9. Hilarious family reunion t-shirt slogans that make me smile every time I read them.
10. Blog comments -- I'm such a loser, these really make my day :).
11. Technology -- I was born in the right time period. I don't think I'd have done well without indoor plumbing. I like my flushing toilets, and I love my daily showers.
12. Hope. And knowing that the blessings to come will be far greater than I could have ever imagined.
13. I'm finished with one presentation in the crazy class.
14. Uncooked cookies (or no-bake cookies, if that's what you call them). These were my favorite cookie growing up, and they remain among my favorites now. I think I will eat one right now :).
15. The public library -- I will be going there this evening. Does it make me a nerd that libraries make me smile :)?

Actually, you know what? It turns out that, if I just think about it, there are so many things that make me smile. I should probably stop now. Because otherwise, this could go on and on for hours!

Julie and Stacy have guessed the movie quote correctly!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Yay for gratitude! I also love blog comments and no bake cookies:)

Katherine Ronachert said...

i also enjoy some good comments! or even not so good comments...
enjoyed your blog. reasons to smile.

April said...

2. I have only 2 more times I have to attend my crazy Wednesday class.

I wholeheartedly agree!!!

juliebean said...

Since you asked, yes, it makes you a library nerd for loving the library so much. That is why we love you so much!! lol.