Friday, April 4, 2008

Love in an Elevator

So, I've been tagged. Twice. Once by Kira and once by Stacy. So I guess I owe them this :). Problem is, I so willingly share all my quirky weirdo-ness that I have very little left to impart... So I'm not sure what kind of 7 random things I can share. So, let's see what I can conjure up :).

1. I couldn't get the picture to post on my blog of the "I've been tagged" thing. -- Okay, I thought of a better one, but I'll leave that up. I once wanted to have 12 kids. Beause I loved babies. Then I found out how much pain it is, and I learned what an episiotomy is. So, that cut my number back to 3. And then I really started to hear the horror stories about the pain. So I went to zero. And then I decided I wanted to have at least one kid. And then I settled on 3. And now I'm around 4 or 5. But I better get crackin' because I'm no spring chicken, and I sure ain't gettin' any younger ;).

2. I do not like licorice. And rye bread tastes like licorice to me, so I do not like it.

3. I held a baby snake once. It wasn't teeny tiny and was a little over a foot long. I think it was a boa constrictor. Trampas brought it to church with him (I have no idea why), and so we passed it around. It was a class full of guys and I was maybe one of 2 or 3 girls. The other girls wouldn't touch it, so I decided I would. It looked like it would feel wet and slimy. It didn't. It was surprisingly dry feeling.

4. I have had dreams in which I am speaking in Spanish. The one I remember best took place in our house in Cardenas (I think I had this dream after we moved away from Panama). In the dream I was calling my dad at work because Christina was being a pain, and I guess I was at home and the one in charge. So, I was upstairs walking back and forth between my parents' bedroom and the hallway above the stairs. The only thing I can remember telling my dad over the phone was "Estoy harta con ella!" Which means, "I'm fed up with her!" Actually sounds like something I would say in real-life.

5. I could probably eat my weight in O'Charly's potato soup. Which would probably double my weight... And then I could eat more :). It's cheesy. MMM-mmm good.

6. I don't really like the beach. The salt water burns and sand gets EVERYWHERE. I prefer lakes and rivers. They are prettier to me.

7. And this is the one I've been planning on telling. This is the one that ties the title of this post into this post. This is the one that has been cracking me up all week (I really do crack myself up...). Okay, so you know -- this is a song title post. The song is by Aerosmith. I won't link it. It's a rather bad song. It's one of those songs that I found out what it means after I already liked it and had been listening to it for years... Kinda like Prince's Little Red Corvette. So, do you remember my post about Swan Lake Hotel? Remember how I told you we made the closet be the elevator for the hotel? Well, years prior to that, I had my first kiss in one of those "elevators" (hence the title "love in an elevator"). I can't even begin to tell you how much I laughed when I came up with that connection on Monday. Hey -- at least I make myself laugh :). So, my 7th random thing about me is that my first kiss was in a closet when I was about 5. And I still remember the whole thing. And if you think that was the funny part... Just wait. So, I was in pre-school. Yep. And a little girl named Krista (the one who used to tell me I could be Stef from Goonies and I could have Jonathan from NKOTB as my guy while she got Jordan) who was one of my childhood friends and I went to pre-school together. A little boy named Rod (good grief, what a name) was also in pre-school with us. And we just loved Rod. So, one day, the three of us were over at my house and we were upstairs playing in my room (keep in mind we were all of about 5). My mom came in and told us it was time to clean up. Well, Krista and I had a genius plan. We would take turns cleaning up while Rod sat in the closet (the future elevator) and we would take turns going in to kiss him. All I remember is that, when it was my turn to kiss him, I suggested that we kiss like the grown-ups. This meant that we would pucker up and turn our heads while we were kissing. So, there you have it... my first kiss. I'm thinking Rod got the best end of that deal. Because not only did he get to kiss two girls in one day, he also didn't have to help clean up the toys... Oh, and by the way... I used to change the lyrics to the song "I Will Follow Him" (my mom listened to this stuff in the car, so I know all these songs by heart). My lyrics were "I Will Follow Rod." Of course, years later, the movie Sister Act completely changed the song for me... But anyway....

I'm not going to tag anyone per se, but anyone in need of a blogging idea can consider themselves tagged :).

8 comments:

Katherine Ronachert said...

i cannot believe you don't like the ocean??? wow. little things you learn. i might have to rethink this relationship.

Nilla said...

I actually thought of you when I was writing that, Elka. I know it's weird because I grew up surrounded by ocean. But seriously, it burns certain areas of my skin (the saltwater) and I hate the sand getting literally everywhere. So... not a big fan :). You can have my share of ocean...

Nilla said...

Oh my gosh!!! I think I went to NYC on the wrong weekend!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=r8Rcccivjtg

Mitchell4 said...

hahahha. Your tooo funny Hila. Talk about a memorable first kiss. But with the lake it's all mushy and gross at the bottom. I had no idea that you didn't like the beach. Now I know.
Three kids is a good # but I think that we'll wait a little bit longer after we have this one. I dunno. Brian says we're done. He says that now but we'll see.

Jennette said...

Hey Nilla!! Your blog is really funny!! Thanks for stopping by mine. It's kinda fun to entertain and be appreciated by people I have never met. My sister tagged me too so you may just have to stop by again...

Kristin said...

It's not potato soup....It's cheese soup with a few potatos in it. I think I counted like "maybe" 2 small potatoes in min ethe last, and only time I have ate it. A person can only handle so much cheese. I love cheese and that was just too much. Jeremy hates the beach. Y'all are weird...o's. That is the most relazing place evah!

Nilla said...

Kristin -- all I can say is Jeremy knows his stuff... He knows it's "dinner" and he knows the beach stinks :). You tell him he gets a high-five from me (like he cares ;)). Oh, and "evah!?" Are you feeling a little "verklempt?" Hahaha...

Stefanie Nicole Barker said...

wait...I'm confused! Stacy tagged me...am I supposed to do something? Enlighten me, I pray thee, with this blogger-lingo!