Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A Friendly Surprise!

So I have decided that I have some of the greatest friends and that I have been blessed with some of the greatest people in my life. Have I said that before? Yes. Because it is true. And I always stand in awe of that blessing in my life.

So yesterday, I got home from work -- and there was a ton of traffic for some reason, and I was rather annoyed by the time I got to the apartment. I got to my bedroom and there was a grocery bag hanging on my doorknob. I thought, "What did Stefanie do?" So I grab the bag, and the first thing I see is this huge box -- a box of Fruity Pebbles. So by this point I'm smiling, because we all know that my favorite cereal of all time is Fruity Pebbles (and I don't buy them for myself right now because they are expensive). Also in the bag were 2 smaller boxes of mint chocolate pudding. And I know we all know how I love mint and chocolate together :). And then I found the little note from Jeni. Oh how sweet and thoughtful Jeni is. Thank you Jeni for being such an amazing friend. Just getting them were little pick-me-ups, and I'm sure eating them will produce the same result. (We don't have much milk, so I didn't end up eating any of either last night. But be assured they will be enjoyed in the near future :)).And oh how I love Institute. I look forward to Tuesdays, because I know Tuesday night will be Institute. Last night we discussed some of Conference. We discussed some things way back in Deuteronomy and Leviticus about rules (if you will) of promised lands -- namely that if you don't worship God, you will be wiped off of it. We discussed Joel, Amos, and Hosea. Who knew there would be such a huge insight awaiting me and my life in Hosea? Hmm... The scriptures really do hold all the answers -- we just have to be able to see them. And I don't know about you, but that makes me want to read them and ponder them and study them even more.

After Institute, April and I gabbed for a long time about school and, more specifically, the hideousness that is our take-home test (which I will be completing within the next 4 hours). Good thing April was on the phone with me when she checked her email so that I knew last night instead of this morning -- class today was cancelled. So that means I get to use all of the 3 hour class block of time to finish up the test. Yeah, I got a book last time, but I don't know what to expect this time. She will probably grade harder on these, since we had a week to do them. My life doens't tend to be particularly conducive to school work at home (Is that called homework???). It seems I'm never home to do it... But anyway... eventually April and I directed our topic into much more interesting subjects. Like our girlie night on Friday. Woohoo! I have convinced her to make those oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that were soooo delicious that she made in January. Yay!

So, that's it for me... Signing off.

*Tarylyn and Brad have guessed the movie quote correctly. And Brad's a dork :). *

8 comments:

The Silverback said...

I am so glad that you are surrounded by good friends who watch out for you. Enjoy your Fruity Pebs. I like the Cocoa Pebs and Cocoa Puffs.

Tarylyn said...

brad says the movie is napoleon dynomite :D ("no i don't say it is, i know it is") SOUNDS totally like dad!

Katherine Ronachert said...

yum! we have the "ghetto brand" fruity pebbles. it's seems to be the one thing that all my boys can agree on! love ya!

Nilla said...

Even the "ghetto brand" (which is what I mostly buy of everything anyway) of Fruity Pebbles is more expensive than the "ghetto brand" of frosted flakes. So, I buy the frosted flakes... I stretch my dollar as far as it will go at the moment. I say a couple of years doing that will be worth being able to eat the REAL fruity pebbles for the rest of my life ;). Haha! Oh, and I love the cocoa pebbles too, but not as much as the fruity. Probably because we were deprived children and my mother wouldn't let us eat the fruity ones. I'm making up for lost time...

Virginia said...

Napoleon Dynamite (I don't think I understand this movie)

and if I ever bring you cereal it will probably be the ghetto brand ... but I'll always share my ice cream!

Chimene's Life said...

Thats cool that you have friends like that. Hey do you know anyone that has been on the nutrisystem?? I'd like to get appinions on that.

Mrs. S said...

So, I took one look at the picture of the fruty pebles and was instantly hit wiht a craving. Poor Neal had to go out at 9 pm to get them for me...cause you know...pregnancy calls!

Jeni said...

Glad you enjoyed your little surprise. I mean, who doesn't need a little sugar every now and then?? ;) Love ya much.