Monday, April 21, 2008

An Interesting Proposal

Well, my weekend was essentially the sameold sameold (no surprise there). On Friday I watched Cool Runnings with Virginia. I hadn't seen that movie in years and I really like it. I also watched a movie that night with Stefanie and her mom. I was woken up early by my annoying upstairs neighbor. I will have to tell you that in a moment. I talked to my dad on the way to the Temple (more about that shortly), then went to WinnDixie. I made hamburgers for dinner, and they were good. I had corn on the cob to go with my hamburger. I talked to my mom. Later on in the evening, I ended up introducing Stefanie and Pace to the wonderfulness that is "A B.C. Thanksgiving" and "A B.C. Christmas." And the cheesy 80s USPS commercial that I opted to not edit out when I was transferring. So, "don't miss the joy, don't miss the joy!" And then we ended up watching Hook. I hadn't seen that movie in years (probably around 10 years), and I own it! Sunday was good. I took an accidental nap after church. How do you do that? Easy. You tell yourself you are just going to close your eyes and doze for about 15 minutes. And then you wake up and it's 4:00 (and you don't even know when you closed your eyes), and you realize you are coming out of a really deep sleep. And then your next thought is, "Well, I'm going to pay for that tonight..." And I did. But I also made chicken teriyaki stir fry. So that was good. Stefanie and I ate that. And so I didn't fall asleep until after 2 this morning (I turned out the lights at 11:30), and I am indeed paying the price. I totally turned off my alarm after it went off the second time, convinced myself (once again) that I'd only close my eyes for a little bit, and then woke up and it was right at 7:00. Have I mentioned I'm supposed to be at my desk at 7:00? And, it's a refrigerator in here! Literally 60 degrees! And, we had a fire drill test, so I basically got to my desk and got my computer logged in, and "BUZZZZZ." So, down four flights of stairs (in heels, I might add) I went. Only to be told it was just a system test, so we could go back up. I took the elevator on the return trip. Yep, it's a Monday morning.

Okay, so my neighbor waking me up on Saturday morning at 7:30ish. No, not the usual thing that wakes me up (squeaky springs). This time, it was a vibrating cell phone. Yes, I can hear it. And this is how it went... So, I'm sleeping nice and deep (I know this, because I was dreaming). In my dream, I am at a movie theatre. There aren't many people in there, but there is me, and there is a couple sitting in front of me. I hear my phone vibrating. So I take it out of my purse, flip it open. I see a picture of Becky's family (the one she has on her blog), which indicates to me that I have a text message from her (no, my phone does not actually do this). The message says "Congratulations!" I'm not entirely sure my subconsious dream-self knew the reason for the congratulations. My consious self is sure I don't know why I was being congratulated. Just FYI. But anyway, so I close the phone, put it back in my purse. And then I hear a phone vibrate again. I'm thinking, "Really? Another message?" Because I'm not that popular! I mean, I am the Nilla (even in my dreams :)). But I'm still not that popular! But, I hear it vibrating, so I open it up. Nothing. So I'm baffled. Until I realize it's the phone of the couple in front of me. And they just keep letting it vibrate. And it's getting on my nerves. And finally, my consious self comes to and I wake up in my warm snuggly bed. And I hear the annoying vibrating phone coming through the ceiling. I mean, dude. Either answer the phone or power it off completely. Arg. Oh, coincidentally, I was woken up again at 5 a.m. on Sunday by him fighting with someone else up there. They swear a lot. Sigh... Anyway, I think it's hilarious that I at least tried to incorporate my surroundings into my dream so that I could keep on sleeping :). I do love my sleep....

Okay, and the interesting proposal. It came from my dad... So, he says, "When are you leaving for Washington?" I said, "My last day of work will be August 1." He said, "Are you in a rush to get there?" I'm wondering what kind of a question this is... I said, "Well, I need to be out of my apartment on August 8. That's when the lease is up." He says, "But you could come here." And I said, "Why would I do that?" And he said, "Well, I need to go to Panama Hila. I need to check on my land." I stated the obvious: "Well, you don't need me to be in Dothan for you to go to Panama." And he said, "Well, what would you think about going with me?" And I said, "well, I think I can't afford that kind of a ticket." And he said, "Well, what if I paid for the ticket." Well, here's a development... So, I'm really actually getting excited about it! But, I have to work out the logistics. And first things first, I need to get a new passport. Good thing I found my old passport (circa 1993 -- I should scan that picture, it's a goodie) when I was going through my clear scrapbook box last week. Coincidence? Perhaps :). Anyway, so I will be looking into this. Two weeks in Panama? I already have a list forming of everything I want to see and do. Then I'll have to force my dad to abide by it ;). I wonder how successful I'd be :).

9 comments:

Katherine Ronachert said...

that would be awesome! wow! you could see the temple (it will be done right?)

Nilla said...

Yeah! It turns out it's being dedicated on August 10, so I could even be there for that!

Katherine Ronachert said...

THAT is AWESOME. (and i'm slightly jealous!)

Mrs. S said...

Going to Panama would be great! I would love to go visit again, but I really don't see that happening any time soon!

The Silverback said...

What an awesome chance! Go for it!

Stefanie Nicole Barker said...

mwah haha...i know the movie...did you leave out which movie we watched on purpose? :)

Nilla said...

Of course I did, Stef. And you don't get credit for it until you tell it to me in either a blog comment or in person :).

Kira =] said...

I like Cool Runnings! "Sanka, you dead?" "Ya man" =] And that's sooo awesome about Panama. Of course you'll have to take lots of pictures for us! =]

Mitchell4 said...

This is me saying Congrats on such a sweet proposal. It'll be cool to get in some Father/daughter time. Your sooo stinkin lucky. You'll have a great time.