Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Happy National Library Workers Day!

Today we celebrate me! And all the other librarians in the United States :). Or even library workers :). We celebrate us, because we are awesome. We are the defenders of democracy. Did you know that? That's what I learned in library school. So now you know :). My supervisor gave each of us a champagne glass (which will never be used for champagne by me, but there's always sparkling grape juice :)) filled with Hershey's Kisses. I thought that was really nice. So I even got some kisses. You should definitely love your librarian today. And every other day, for that matter. You should love this librarian by leaving me comments :). It makes me feel loved :).

So, I have to wonder why it is that I was such an embarassment to my mother about getting my blood drawn all those years ago. I had mine drawn yesterday at my doctor's appointment and it was a piece of cake. I guess our minds really can make things worse than they really are. Anyway, my thyroid is being tested. If my thyroid is fine, I will be referred to a dermatologist about my hair loss. And the doctor agreed that it could be stress that is causing me to lose my hair. But, as there is no way to put me into a stress-free box, we have to start with the clinical side of things. And honestly, even if there was a way to put me into a stress-free box, I would be in it, so it wouldn't be stress-free. Have I mentioned that I worry about everything??? So there would be the Nilla... in the "stress-free" box, worrying and stressing over the outcome of the stress-free box test. Hmmm... Sounds like an oxymoron to me!

You ever have a dream that makes you feel just plain icky when you wake up? I have. I had one last night. Just seems to set the tone for the whole day...

Oh, and check this out... So, last Friday it was icky muggy here. And hit somewhere around 81 degrees outside. After the bad weather came the cold front. This morning my car was iced over. So it had to at least gotten down to freezing! Actually, this is good for me and Stefanie. It means we won't have to run the a/c yet. Keeps the electric bill low :). Because we just endure the cold, since we know it'll warm up again soon.

Okay, that's it. Just remember to Love Your Librarian!

7 comments:

The Silverback said...

I DO love my librarian...the one that is in our family!

juliebean said...

is the movie Just like heaven?

juliebean said...

All the love to my favorite librarian in all the world - The Nilla!!! By the way, you need to stop torturing me by blogging about all the sweets you eat. It is just cruel to this diabetic pregnant princess. :(

Katherine Ronachert said...

would you believe i just read your blog. i feel like a loser, but my house is oh so clean, and the boys have nice new fancy haircuts! (ok not so much fancy, because i'm doing my part to save the pocketbook!) anyway, i agree with juliebean you are the favorite librarian. you put the sizzle back to an otherwise mundane... oops i mean, awww screw it! have a happy day!

the happy thomas family said...

i do love this librarian!

Mitchell4 said...

Sorry to hear that you had an icky dream. Those are no fun. I remember crying in a dream and waking up really depressed. It was strange so I know what your talking about. Back in High School I was a library aide for awhile. It's a lot of work. The heavy dusty books. Bleh. However, I did think that the gun with the red laser was cool. So I'm sending you some love. Enjoy your chocolate. You deserve it.Hugs

the happy thomas family said...

could your new movie quote be from just like heaven?... love, stacy