Thursday, April 10, 2008

More Pictures!

Me, Samuel, Saria, and Desiree

So, I finally caught my sister online yesterday afternoon. And I finally twisted her arm to get her to send me the pictures she had on her camera from when I was up there visiting. I can't believe that was already a month and a half ago just about... Time sure does go by fast. Anyway, if you click the picture, you can go see all the pictures Christina sent, and those include some birthday pictures from Benjamin and Desiree's party, as well as a few other pictures of Desiree.

I have to say that I have really been living a boring life lately! I have no news to report! I checked out a few periodicals to attempt to do my literature review... I'm having little to no success with that thing. I'm half tempted to just take the zero and be content with it. Other than that, I went home and spent the afternoon and evening reading for my Adult Services class. I'm really enjoying the book I am reading right now (The Patient by Michael Palmer, in case you forgot). I plan to have it finished by this weekend, and then I'll have all of those books read! Yay! I was successful in washing all of my clothes, as well as the shower curtain. And, I'm just going to tell you: the supposed 37 minutes that exist between 6:20 a.m. and 6:57 a.m. is not really 37 minutes. At most, it's about 10. Just thought you would like to know that. I've discovered the conspiracy :).

Oh, coincidentally, how about if I tell you another "How to be a Nilla" lesson? I guess this would be something like 105, maybe? So, I have found the perfect way to regulate temperature at night. Have you ever noticed that you can be too hot if you're all covered up, but then you throw off the cover and, after a couple of minutes, you're too cold?!? What's the solution? Well, I'll tell you. Stick one foot out of the cover. (I want you to know that, if I hadn't re-read this after posting it, you would be reading "stick food out of the cover" right now... I don't really know too many people who take food to bed with them on a regular basis. Although, perhaps if you stuck the food out of the cover that you are taking to bed, you wouldn't eat it, you would get thinner, and then you wouldn't be hot... Hmmm...). If you are still a little on the toasty side, extend your leg further until more of it is out of the cover. Eventually you will find the perfect amount of leg outside the cover to regulate your temperature and make you comfortable. And you have a 100% Nilla satisfaction guarantee on that one. I should patent that idea ;). (I'm so kidding... But in a world where certain phrases can be patented -- why not this? :)). --Okay, actually the proper word is copyrighted.

*And Virginia has guessed the movie quote correctly!*

Oh, and one more thing -- I remembered, because my tongue hurts on the side. I think I try to talk in my sleep. And by that, I mean that I think I move my jaw as though I am talking (rumor has it that I open my mouth and make like "chewing" sounds in my sleep too -- I think perhaps it was this talking thing). Anyway, apparently I was "talking" along with my dream last night -- something to do with Japan and an airplane -- and I bit my tongue -- HARD. It woke me up. I had forgotten until just now.

4 comments:

Katherine Ronachert said...

taking food to bed with them... hmm. you might want to ask the silverback about her experience with feeding frenzies and pb&j.
it's a good laugh.
i too do the foot thing, just thought you'd like to know!

Nilla said...

See -- maybe the reason we have "crazy" genes is because they had to balance out the genius genes that figure out how to regulate body temperature by sticking a foot out of the covers!

The Silverback said...

HYBP frequently takes pb&j in a little bowl to bed. He then eats the stuff with crackers. Ick, crumbs. Anyway, he fell asleep with his little bowl on his chest. He turned on his side and, of course, the bowl fell to the side; however, it was, luckily, mouth up. Well, sometime during the night I put my arm around him - right into the bowl of pb&j! It woke me up immediately! You can be sure I woke him us to let him know!

The Silverback said...

Life with him is an adventure.