Monday, June 30, 2008

School's Out... Forever!

This is, of course, a song-title post. Everyone knows the song. It's a classic. And I cannot begin to tell you how long ago I decided on this post title. I've been waiting to use it for quite some time now :). I find it particularly interesting that I just linked you to a song by a person who my dad told me to never listen to :). I know I shared that before. But it's so funny to me. Alice Cooper was not high on the list of my dad's favorite people. He was acid rock, according to my dad (and probably he really was). Oh well. I like the song. Sorry Dad :). It's the message that counts here... School's out forever. I am officially done with grad school. I had my last class on Saturday. Here's what we looked like (we were all dressed up to present our projects):
Project Management class outside of Waysider

So, Friday night, the class met and we decided what we were going to do to present our stuff the following day. We agreed that we wanted to look dressier than usual, so we went with business casual. Saturday morning we were to meet at this restaurant named The Waysider for breakfast. It was a very small place! At first we were all crammed very tightly together, but luckily, someone left and we were able to add another table to our party, and we could spread out more. I got the special, which was a bacon and cheese omelet with hashbrowns (because I don't eat grits, so I subbed them), biscuits, and orange juice. It was good, except the egg in the middle of my omelet wasn't completely cooked. Which grossed me out a bit. I like my eggs cooked. Completely. So here's what we looked like in the restaurant... And I'm not sure why the girl couldn't back up and get everyone in the picture... But the professor is at the front with her face cut off... Oh well.
Class inside restaurant

After breakfast (the teacher treated everyone... wasn't that nice?), we all headed back to the university and got ready to present. But the professor wanted us to do an exercise first, so we had to pick out two pictures from a room full of various pictures. One picture was to represent what we felt about the class, and the other picture was to represent where we are in our career. Then we had to explain to the class. The two pictures I chose were: one of a group of penguins all going into the ocean together -- which I said was like our class, because we were all part of the group and embarking on these projects together. The other was a rock climber, which I said was symbolic of me climbing higher in my career, because I now am a professional, and I am leaving the para-professional field behind in my career. Anyway, then we presented. We were done by about 12:30. I went and got gas (always a joyful experience with gas prices as they are -- I paid $3.91), and then treated myself to a rootbeer float from Sonic. I went home and read and took a very mini nap. I talked to Julie, read some more, got a shower, read some more. Are you seeing a pattern? I finished Fearless Fourteen. I watched Swing Time, another Fred and Ginger movie. I have to say this one was not my favorite. It was good, but really not my favorite. Oh, and in case you were wondering what I looked like after school, here you go :):
School's out forever!

I have another one in my photobucket, but I look like I'm grimacing, so I had Stefanie take another ;).

Sunday was church. I can't believe that my time here is winding down so quickly! I have something like 3 Sundays left... It's just plain crazy! After church, I read a little bit of The Screwtape Letters, and then took a very long nap. It stormed during my nap, so that was lovely. It's always nice to sleep during a storm. Stefanie invited several people over for dinner, so I joined them, and we ended up playing a game called Mafia. Kind of like Murder in the Dark, which is a game I played when I was a kid. I had forgotten all about that game! Anyway, it was fun. Poor Stefanie, I learned that she would not be good at playing Malarky. She can't keep a straight face when she's lying. Speaking of games we played as children.... Who out there remembers Heads Up 7-Up!? We used to play that a lot during Host Nation in elementary school (our 20 minute class on Panama and the culture and language). We also played 4 corners in there too. Anyway, then I talked to Heath, and then I went to bed. And, now I am here. Isn't it lovely? School's out!!! There is new joy in T-Town :). At least there is for the Nilla :)!!

And oh yeah! Great news: NKOTB is going to be at the Tacoma Dome on November 22! I'm already recruiting my sister and sister-in-law to go with me :). Now to have enough money to buy the tickets!

6 comments:

Heath Hopkins said...

You are so beautiful!

Kira =] said...

Bambi!

I love twitterpated!

Kira =] said...

Alice cooper was raised LDS and his father was a bishop, but his dad left the church and Alice Cooper did some things not so great with some sacred things of the church and so yeah. But I do like this song! =]

Katherine Ronachert said...

congrats! i just found out that i received a great grant... stipulation, full time student.
rats!
i'm going to be in one foul mood for the next year!

Katherine Ronachert said...

oh yes, bambi

Heath Hopkins said...

Alice Cooper has actually been a Christian since the 1980s.

http://www.jesusjournal.com/content/view/79/85/

His father converted and became a Southern Baptist peacher.