Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I Thought I Had Nothing to Say

So I am wondering how long it will take for the reality to settle in that I am through with school. I know I'm not quite through yet. But as of last night, I'm completely done with all my work in the Tuesday/Thursday class, and all I have to do is show up tomorrow night and listen! Pretty great, if you ask me :). But somehow, I don't feel any different. And honestly, I didn't feel any different when I finished my undergraduate degree. Perhaps it's because I had already been accepted to grad school, so I knew I still had more school ahead of me, I just needed to get myself moved here so I could start the program. And now I won't have any school to which to be looking forward. I wonder when that will really hit me, and I wonder what I'll do with myself when it does! Perhaps consume books more quickly... I'm still working on True Believer by Sparks. It's really good. I think it's probably my favorite Sparks book so far. Perhaps because the female character is a librarian, and we all know I have a soft spot for those librarians :). Anyway, I have to hurry and get through with that book so I can read Evanovich's newest one: Fearless Fourteen! I rarely get my hands on her newest book this early in the game. Luckily, my classmate Kelly works at the public library here -- she drives the bookmobile. So, she got dibs on the copies when they first came out, and since she doesn't have to have it back for 2 more weeks, she passed it on to me! How great is that! In other book news... While in class last night, we all had to show our IT training modules (which some of you viewed yesterday, and thank you for the feedback :)). One guy in the class showed us how to set up a shelfari account. It looked pretty darn cool to me... I have something like 4 sheets of paper (3 of them are the long legal sheets for the printer) covered front and back in book titles that I've read. Only chapter books, though. I guess I'm a book snob in that way. I like children's books, but I don't put them on the list, because I can finish them in like 10 minutes. Anyway, I have this long list of books that I started back in 2002. Yikes! I can't believe how long ago that was! Anyway, so I think I'll play around with shelfari and have a digital copy of that list. And please don't think I will be throwing away my hand-written list. It ain't happenin' :). I like my hand-written list :).

Yesterday was Annie's birthday. So today we are going to eat some dinner at Five Guys Famous Burgers and Fries. We were going to go to Mugshots, which is a local place that is very popular and everyone says you should try it. Well, I wanted to try it before I leave here. Annie and I had been planning to do so for a long time. And then we found out that they got a less-than-stellar rating in January (an 86), and it has dropped to 85 since then! So, nevermind. I mean, I realize it's a solid B if you think about school grades. But really? If Taco Bell can get a 90-something... There's no reason a local place can't. So, we're going to get burgers at Five Guys instead. I'm kind of bummed I won't have the Mugshots experience. But, I'd rather err on the side of caution, because there might be some unpleasant experiences to follow with that kind of rating :).

And seriously wasn't thinking I'd be this wordy today. In fact, I was debating just listing the stuff off. And then I started writing and wrote one of my "famous" mini-novellas :). Mea culpa.

*Julie, Tarylyn, Elka, and Kira have also guessed the movie quote!*

2 comments:

Heather said...

Congratulations! You won't know what to do with yourself. You'll be so busy with your upcoming trip and move that it may take a while for it to sink in. If I can figure out how to link my DVR to my computer, I'm going to put some "Cash Cab" on DVD and send it to you.

Nilla said...

Haha! Cool! I know very little, technologically speaking ;). And yeah, I will be so busy with stuff. The time really is starting to fly by! I mean, there's only one more week left in June!