Tuesday, June 17, 2008

['brary] Love...

It's contagious.

So, I talked to April last night. She had big news. She has started dating a guy that she works with (well, for about 2 more weeks until she starts her new job -- congrats April!). And they both work at the public library where she lives. And it was hilarious to listen to her all ooey gooey about all the things that make her feel like a silly school girl. However, as I am familiar with the feeling, I totally understood. Anyway, I laughed when she told me this, because it is library love. And I'm no stranger to that either ;). (For those of you who don't know, Heath and I were the library love of HLML back in the day.) Hahahaha...

And okay, so this song title post is a bit of a stretch, I suppose. However.... Given my love of the movie My Fellow Americans, this makes it all the more hilarious. If you've seen it, perhaps you'll recall that when the vice-president is sent to speak at the funeral of some important Republican dude, the vice president (who is quite the moron) quotes the lyrics from this song at the guy's funeral. It's not funny when I write it out. But, if you saw the movie, you'd know why it's so funny. And let me just say that The Captain and Tennille are quite hilarious themselves. And more than a little weird.

So, after work yesterday, I stayed here at the library and worked on some school work. It's not my favorite thing to do, let me just say. While I was doing that, Virginia emailed me to see if I wanted to eat lunch at Swen's. I have been saying I want to go back there before I go (it's where Jeni and I went when I got my haircut back in February, and it was good!). So, she and I went to lunch. Then I went home and read. I'm working on Nicholas Sparks' True Believer. Virginia came over around 6:20 and she, Stefanie, and I had our family home evening (about the Plan of Salvation). Then we ate a frozen treat: pineapple orange strawberry slushy/sorbet. Virginia bought a nifty frozen treat-maker thing (don't be jealous of my skills at articulation ;)). Basically you just throw a bunch of stuff in that is blended, and it freezes it like ice cream. Very cool. And then, because we were bored, Virginia and I went to the dollar store. And we just browsed. Way cool stuff in the dollar store. I mean seriously. I ended up getting my 4 nieces and nephews a little something to add to their Chistmas presents this year (I make an attempt at buying throughout the year so I don't get slammed with Christmas shopping in December). I also got some of the mint crisp m&ms. And we found these frozen sqeeze tube rootbeer float things. I'd never seen them before. But at 2 for $1, they were a bargain. So, Virginia and I each had one of those. Very yummy.

And P.S. It's hot in Alabama. And it's only going to get hotter.

*And Donna and Kira have guessed the movie quote correctly! Anna... you're very close. You've got the wrong one ;)*

4 comments:

Katherine Ronachert said...

i get a few of the stocking stuffers at the dollar stores as well! fun stuff!

Katherine Ronachert said...

did you ever discover who jah is??

Nilla said...

Nope. I guess I'm never going to know. Oh well...

Tarylyn said...

indiana jones.. and uhh
the last crusade
:D