Thursday, June 26, 2008

At First I Forgot to Name This Post...

Annie and I went to dinner last night at 5 Guys. I had only been once before -- with Julie in Florida. I don't remember what I got there, but I know that what I got last night was a lot of food. A lot. It would have been helpful if I'd have remembered what I ordered when I was with Julie, because I don't think it was that much food when I ordered it with her. Yikes! It was good, though. And, as always, I looked lovely. (hahahaha)
Annie and me at 5 Guys

I finished True Believer last night. Definitely my favorite Sparks book. They could make it into a chick flick, but the plot has been done before... Maybe I should create a category for books called "Chick Flick on Paper." If I did, this one would definitely fit the bill.

In honor of the fact that I have nothing else to say, I'm going to tell you a memory lane story. This one involves Christina. The first year we moved to Alabama, Brad was the first person to get a job. He got a job as a bagger at the new Winn-Dixie in Dothan. Sometime he had to work until 9 p.m., and since I was, by that time, officially awesome and had my driver's license (we weren't allowed to get one until we were 18 in Panama), I wanted to drive a lot. So, often Christina and I would go pick Brad up at night. We'd get there a little earlier than we needed to, and we'd just wait in the parking lot. Well, boredom is the father of invention (since necessity is its mother ;0)), so Christina and I made up a new game. We'd sit in the parking lot and watch who went in and out of the grocery store. We'd take turns. Like, the next guy who walked in or out would be Christina's guy. Then the next one would be mine, etc. 9 times out of 10, Christina would get someone who was at least normal looking while I would get the weirdo looking guys. I don't know how that always worked out... Except for one time... I think I was bemoaning my luck at always getting weirdo ugly guys, and Christina was rubbing in some cute guy that she'd gotten. Well, it was her turn, and the guy who came out next was quite a piece of work. He was pretty wormy, but with a scraggly beard and moustache and he didn't look particularly well-kempt. So I said, "Well, he's yours Christina!" And she said, "No! I don't want that scruffer!" And we busted out laughing. She meant to say, "Scruffy one" but it came out "Scruffer." And, it stuck. We still laugh about it, and though my telling of the story might be a little wrong (Christina could help me out on this one if she'd ever read my blog!), the bottom line is that we both still know the general story about the Scruffer :).

*And Donna guessed the movie quote!*

3 comments:

Kira =] said...

Scruffer!! I loved that! I often make new words trying to get 2 different words out at the same time. Ben always makes fun of me. Have you heard me say "de-thaw"? yeah, that's my classic.

Mitchell4 said...

5 Guys huh? I'll have to try it out. It's all about the big portions. I love your stories Hila. Sounds like good times.

Katherine Ronachert said...

i can't remember what i was going to write!
darn memory loss.
love 5 guys.
i'll be going there in 2 weeks!