Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Sometimes You Just Need a Laugh

I love the store Big Lots. I always forget how much I love it until I go back inside and I think, "Man, why don't I come here more often?!?" Well, one reason I don't is because I'd probably spend more money than I should every time I go in the doors. The other reason is that it's in the part of town I try to avoid, because I have no reason to go there. It's always congested, and I don't usually have a reason to go any further than the campus. But last night, Virginia and I went to Hobby Lobby and Big Lots. I ended up spending $18 in Big Lots, but that's because I finally found some pajamas and also got a new bra. And, I got some Quaker oatmeal bars, because I forgot to get breakfast bars while I was at Foodmaxx. Foodmaxx had some great deals this week. I got $44 worth of stuff for $27. I was excited. So excited, in fact, that I treated myself to Taco Bell afterwards. I realize some of you might not consider Taco Bell a treat. But, hey. Sometimes it is. If I'm craving it :). So, I guess you could say I went on a mini-shopping spree yesterday. But at least everything I bought were responsible purchases!

Oh, rules for the quote-guessing game (Noel Holley from church has a guess in and said she wasn't sure how it works, so I'm telling everyone who might want to play but isn't sure how -- and Noel, if I've spelled your name wrong, please correct me! :))... If you think you know the quote, just leave your guess in the comments. I moderate comments, so I won't post any comments with movie guesses, whether right or wrong. And I try to make sure I mention in the next day's blog post who has guessed the movie quote correctly.

I dreamed I was back at the Ashford Library last night. I was the librarian again. And I couldn't remember all the specifics of some things. Like which lights to flip on at the electrical box. I had to keep going back and forth between the switches and the display that showed me which ones. I also remember feeling warm in the library, so I sent Heath to turn down the a/c (it's funny the things you remember -- like where the a/c thermostat is). I remember in the dream hearing the unit outside turn on and then make a weird noise. So, I opened the little side door, and there were houses all over the place outside and there were bombs being set off and thrown in all directions! Only they weren't particularly destructive bombs, so they never hurt anyone or any buildings. But they kept exploding. Eventually it stopped, and I remember noticing that there wasn't any damage outside, and I said, "They must not have used much gunpowder." Apparently I'm a genius even in my dreams. Hahaha... Like I even know what's in a bomb. Oh, and these were the little black round bombs that you see on cartoons and Mario Bros. Nintendo games, by the way :).

And, as promised... Here's your little laugh for the day (Click on IT training). But you'll have to have about 2 1/2 minutes of your life to dedicate to it. It's probably way worth it, though. And anyone who hasn't heard me talk in a long time, tell me if I sound Southern! I know I sound weird. Have you ever done that? Listened to yourself? I sound so strange!!! And highlights to listen for: how many times do I say, "Once you are here..." or something to that effect? Also, how many people do you know who say something as articulate as, "As you see, there are very many results." Ugh. Also, let me know if you can see my picture. My picture came up on my end, but Heath said it didn't come up for him on Friday. I need to know if I need to fix it, so if you don't mind, let me know if my picture at the bottom of the screen is up. Also, don't laugh at my lame-o website. I just had to do a simple website for class, and I think that fit the bill. And, if it goes down at any point, it's probably because I am adding to it. I have to add our final two projects to it. So, enjoy :).

*And Mrs. S, Noel, and Anna guessed the movie quote correctly!*

9 comments:

juliebean said...

is the movie The princess bridge?

Katherine Ronachert said...

princess bride?

Tarylyn said...

princess bride
thanks brad ;) haha brad guessed it not me ;P

Kira =] said...

ok, you know I know this one. You and I were the ones discussing Westley vs. Wesley. The Princess Bride. Seriously a favorite of ours! =]

Oooh, and I have one for you.

"you know the old timers used to say, Baseball is the only game where the object is to try and get back home."

Kira =] said...

You do sound Southern, but that's okay-because you live in the SOUTH! =] I didn't consider myself a southerner for the longest time and it used to irritate me that I sounded southern. Despite the fact that I've lived here since I was 2 1/2. I'm a ninny, I know. =]

If you need any help with Audio stuff, Ben could probably help you out. Like maybe do a voiceover for you? the volume of it was really low. and no the picture of you didn't show up. it showed as a broken link.

did you see Thad got engaged?

Virginia said...

I don't think you sound like a native southerner but I can hear a southern influence. What I noticed most was distortion and hiss in the recording which is NOT your fault! I was told at a recent training meeting that free counseling should be provided to anyone forced to listen to a recording of one's voice!

Katherine Ronachert said...

this has nothing to do with your post; just thought you'd love to know.
i'm watching the great outdoors. such a classic!
love ya!

Nilla said...

I'll have you know, I almost used a quote from THE GREAT OUTDOORS. I had watched it about a month ago, but I never wrote down movie quotes. I thought, "Eh, I'll just look one up." Well, I went to imdb to look one up and none of them had the UMPH I needed to use it ;). Perhaps I'll have to watch it again once I get to WA (it's packed in a box now) and take notes this time! But yes, it is such a great movie!

the happy thomas family said...

some random thoughts... horray for new pjs! we had taco bell for dinner last night, too... a nice cheap treat. love the great outdoors... it's one brian introduced me to (he loves john candy movies).

btw... not that it matters... but you know i would have totally guessed your movie quote last week. if i hadn't been on vacay... if our computer had been working...

love you!