Friday, June 6, 2008

Hand-Tagging and Being Rejected

Okay, so in class last night, we had to hand-tag. Now, the benefit I had was that I had done this before when I was in 11th grade. Who knew something I did 11 years ago would be so helpful to me??? It wasn't hard for me to remember that I have to close each tag I opened. It was easy for me to recall several of the tags. However, it was frustrating to figure out how to add a picture. I finally got it! I was so proud... It was harried, and the whole class was freaking out. Which led to chaos. Which led to my nerves becoming frazzled. I don't handle disorganization very well... It starts to aggravate me. But even the teacher was frazzled. Because she felt it was unnecessary for us to learn this, since pretty much everyone uses things like frontpage or other wysiwygs (what you see is what you get -- I learned that last night!) I do have to say I feel there is value in at least knowing what you are looking at when you see source code. Or at least understanding the concept that it looks different, even if you create it in frontpage. It's like learning another language... Anyway, it is true that I will probably create my website for the class in frontpage. Mostly because it is easier and I had quite a headache trying to figure out that image thing... (had to remember that you have to put the exact source of the image!). But, I don't think it was a waste of time to at least be exposed to hand-tagging. I realize it probably won't be useful in my field... But for some people, it is valuable knowledge. Anyway, the other thing that was a chore was doing something to our school accounts so we can actually publish our website to the server here... That was a nightmare. We didn't get it done properly, because it kept disconnecting us after 20 seconds. Anyway... Those were the joys of yesterday's class. Thankfully, the teacher brings treats to class. It helps soothe the nerves.

I have officially been rejected for the job as a Branch Manager in the Bellevue area. I just thought I would tell everyone, since I've mentioned it a couple of times. I expected it to come, so I'm not upset. I was just surprised it didn't come sooner! They took forever to go over that! But, at least I know they got my stuff :). Strangely enough... for all the things I worry over -- this job thing isn't one of them. I know I'll have what I need when I need it. So, I feel really good about things.

And since no day is complete without laughing at Bradymus... I'm totally kidding... But I do want to share that story about Brad playing with Barbie... But first I must give you some background... Because I'm a type 2 kind of person and detail is very important to me :). Okay, so growing up, I was exposed to a variety of music and culture. Including The Monkees. That's right... As in "hey hey, we're the Monkees!" My mom had several of their records. Yes, I said records. Anyway, I used to listen to the tape she made (recorded from the records) all the time. I knew all their songs by heart. Well, all the ones I liked, which was most of them. So, this song is one that I liked and knew (and okay, I'll admit, still know) by heart. So, just keep that in mind.

Okay, at some point when we were playing Barbies one time (this would be me, Christina, and Brad), we decided there was one particular Barbie who would play a teacher named Mrs. Logan. Now, Mrs. Logan was a witch teacher. (She was not based on a real-life person -- she was completely made up). Anyway, Mrs. Logan was awful! She was a dictator and mean and yelly (like my word ;)?) and everything else. And for some reason, she was usually naked... I think we figured we might as well not dress her since she wasn't going to be part of the Barbie game for long. Usually she died some horrible death early on. Is that not hilarious??? Anyway, for some reason I got some brilliant idea to have this Mrs. Logan "act out" the words to that Monkees song. I can still see in my mind her acting out, "... and then she turned around and fed me dirt!" Literally, I made the Barbie lean down and scoop up dirt from the brown rug and then "feed" it to Ken or to whomever she was feeding dirt. Okay, perhaps the story is not so funny like this. But, Brad laughed at me at the time and told me that I am an idiot. But, he laughed. And, he still remembers the days of Mrs. Logan. Who always died a horrible death when we played Barbies. Because she was such a witch. I wish I could remember some of the hilarious death senes we set up, because they were usually very comical. It would start by her falling and spraining an ankle, and then she might get run over by a car... Or she might limp onto a land-mine (who knows why that was there... perhaps that was one of the games that included Brad's G.I. Joes...) and get blown over a cliff. Maybe we really were demented children. Who knows...

4 comments:

Tarylyn said...

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
naked.. that's hilarious ;)Brad was laughing too :P

Virginia said...

I'm pretty sure I have that song on an album at my mom's! So I could like make you a new tape anytime. Oh wait I think the turntable was ditched so we'd have to find one first.

Katherine Ronachert said...

so funny! it would be great if brad actually responded one of these years!

wilkinson family said...

ah yes, i like the monkees and being able to watch re-runs of them as a kid. my mom's dad actually taught micky dolanz in highschool and as a side note he also taught tom selleck (ah who could resist magnum p.i.)

www.monkees.net and if you go to amazon you can buy them cd's now.