Friday, February 29, 2008

Nothing More than a Memory

And good morning to all of you! Yes, I did make it in to work today. Although I will say that I was worried I wasn't going to at about 7 last night. I felt worse then than I had all day! And I'd felt pretty cruddy all day. Thankfully, by the time my online class was finished, I was feeling a lot better. Once again I slept like a rock. It felt wonderful. I must have been tired, because I wasn't even awake for 12 whole hours yesterday, yet still I slept very soundly last night. Travel and sickness will really get you...

Since yesterday was nothing exciting, I figured I would quickly tell you a memory lane story that Brad, Christina, and I discussed just a couple days ago, while I was up there :).

If you have kept up with my blog much, you may remember me talking about my family camping at the Aquativity Center. That is where I got the leech on my foot. Anyway, they had this little playground there where we 3 would spend a lot of time playing. One of the things in the park was one of those springy things you ride, and it was a squirrel (at least according to Brad). All I know is that we named it Secret Suppertime. This is why... We would collect all the bottle caps (like from sodas in glass bottles) that were laying around in the gravel at the playground. Then we'd fill them up with gravel, and line them up underneath this squirrel thing (a.k.a. Secret Suppertime), and then, when we got hungry (for pretend), Secret Suppertime would "give" us one of these little "meals". And we didn't know what the "meal" was until we got it, so that's what made it secret. I remembered this on Tuesday night when we were driving over to Brad's, so I made it a point to say it to him and Christina when we got to Shari's restaurant. Brad laughed and shook his head. Then we had to tell the story for Tarylyn and Mom.

Oh, I should point out this important detail, since this thing's name (which WE made up) was Secret Suppertime. The rule still applies: it's dinner, not supper. But, I was an English person, even back then, and I was practicing the fine art of alliteration. the two s's in Secret Suppertime sounds so much better than Secret Dinnertime. But for all other reasons or purposes... it's dinner!

Oh yeah, and I forgot to tell you about the fortune I got from my Chinese food from the Safeway... I laughed when I opened it. It said "You will have a comfortable retirement." Personally, I prefered the one that said I would get everything I want through my personality. Haha :). But, in about 40 years, I'll be happy about a comfortable retirement ;). (And no, I don't put a lot of stock in fortune-cookie fortunes... it's just fun to laugh at them :)).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I laughed at your memory. Okay, let me guess....you were in charge of these games....correct? The Director, so to speak. LOL. Love, Aunt H.

Nilla said...

Yeah, I probably was the mastermind behind most of our games. In fact, you've given me an idea for a future blog post... The games we made up and played as children. That one's sure to make me laugh (and hopefully everyone else, as well :)).

A. Love said...

I was just thinking... after you move to Washington and we decide to come for a visit, should we let you know or just surprise you?! Love ya lots!

Nilla said...

Either way would be fine, Anne.. However, if you do surprise me, don't expect a house that is expecting company :)!!! But you better come visit me either way! Loveya!

Katherine Ronachert said...

i love reading your blog. you have a fantastic ability to recall things.