Monday, February 4, 2008

Will I EVER Learn?

So, first of all, I think you need to check out this test:

http://www.cramersweeney.com/smartmarketing.html

And let me give you a few pointers... When you come to last five or so questions, and you keep seeing the little play button thing, you are supposed to click on that and HEAR the clue. Do not assume that the play button thing is the trademark or slogan to which the question is referring. Because you will find that it is the SAME picture every time and, though it doesn't make sense for one to think that several companies as varied as ESPN is from AOL use the VERY SAME logo thing (the play button thing), one might think that is the implication of the question... What kind of idiot would do such a thing? I really can't say for CERTAIN. But, I thought it was fair warning to anyone who MIGHT make that kind of mistake :). That kind of a mistake could cost a person something like 3 or 4 points!!! And that would be tragic indeed!

Here's another stumper for you (that I have been meaning to put in here, but keep forgetting). What is the organization or rationale for listing these numbers in this order:

8 5 4 9 1 7 6 3 2 0 (please note, the different colors are not significant. I was trying to separate the numbers, since blogger won't recognize the extra spaces I keep adding).

I would love to see your answers in the comments, and I will answer the question later.

Okay, so this is a rule in The Nilla Life: Don't take naps. Especially don't take naps on days when you know you have to get up early the next day. Why? Well, because if I take a nap, I cannot fall asleep at night. It drives me absolutely BONKERS! So, any guesses about what I did yesterday? Yep, I took a nap. Here is the thought process that always goes through my head:

"Hmm.. Well, it's a dreary rainy day outside. Let's go and lay in bed and read. Now that I've read for a little while, let's snuggle under the covers and let's get comfortable and just close your eyes for a brief moment. Ah, sweet sleep."

Man, and I slept hard too. I slept for about 1 hour and I dreamed! So I know I was sleeping hard. I really have strange dreams too. Part of my dream included the ability to be in a different dimension by getting out of my desk (like one in high school) and dipping into the room below me (which looked like a Children's Library), and then I was in another time or another dimension... Something like that. So, how lucky are all of you that you know someone with such awesome capabilities??? Of course, I paid the price for these dreams and the sleep that accompanied them. I tossed and turned for a good hour last night. I have a routine when I can't fall asleep. I usually start out on my stomach facing to my right. Then that gets uncomfortable, so I turn onto my left side (facing right). Then that's no good, so I turn on my back and face left (still looking in the same direction as before). Then I lay on my back facing straight up at the ceiling. Then I face toward the window (which is now on my right side), and so forth. So, that's something like 6 different "positions". And I turn, in that order, numerous times when I cannot sleep. It's great, huh? Stinkin' nap.

So, I tried home-made stir-fry last night. It was okay. I think I bought the wrong kind of stir-fry veggies. See, here's my predicament. They had a bag with mushrooms (which I LOVE), but it didn't have the baby corn!! So I opted for the bag with the baby corn, but it turns out it had the fat gross green beans. (I don't like any green beans, and especially not the fat, gross ones). I really like the snow peas, which is what I thought was depicted on the cover. Too bad I was wrong. Oh well, next time I'll spend more time in Wal-Mart trying to get the best of all things in one bag. So, in case you want to know what the best of all things for stir fry are: snow peas, mushrooms, and, of course, baby corn. And NO fat gross green beans! But anyway, it was pretty good. Stefanie liked it, so at least there's that. Oh, and the year-old Ramen Noodles I used didn't taste the least bit stale. So that was good :).

Okay, and here's one last great little piece of advice... And Jeni, if you are reading this, get ready to laugh. So, I'm in nursery yesterday and we had just finished singing some songs and were getting ready for the lesson. Well, Ethan (this is Jeni's son), came over to me and said, "Here!" Well, I took what he was handing me, assuming it was something he found on the floor and that needed to be thrown away. So, as he transfers it from his fingers to mine, I realize that this thing is sticky and small. And I look at it and it's kinda greenish-grey looking too. Yeah, so I pretty much am sure what I'm looking at at this point. So I say to Ethan, "Is that a booger?" And he says, "yeah." So, maybe don't just take things from 2 1/2 year olds without seeing what it is they are handing you first :). Thank you, Ethan, for sharing your booger with me. And thank goodness for Lysol wipes :)!

6 comments:

Katherine Ronachert said...

sunday afternoon naps are my favorite. boogers, not so much. rc constantly tries to give me his. yuck! oh, but i smiled.

Nilla said...

Maybe the offering of boogers is the way you know you are loved? That's what I'm going to go ahead and believe :).

Katherine Ronachert said...

could you imagine is the children of israel had to make a booger offering? i bet with all that dust there were some doozies!

Anonymous said...

ICK! hp

Heath Hopkins said...

The numbers are in alphabetical order! It took me a second. I was trying to find a mathematical sequence at first, but the Page skills finally kicked in.

I ended that sentence with a preposition just for you to agonize over. :)

Nilla said...

Yep! Alphabetical order. Sadly, I had to wait until the teacher told us, because I was stuck on the numbers. I'm not an outside-of-the-box thinker :(. Well, except for that time I wrote about how a stool empowered one of the characters in a play. I think that was pretty outside-of-the-box!