Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Blah Day

Well, I am having a blah day. I am bloated and retaining water (which I can tell by the size of my wrists!) -- and all you women understand this feeling -- and I really could have handled staying in bed. I seriously might have called in if it wasn't for that ridiculous class I have on Wednesdays. I'm not sick or anything. Just having one of "those" days where I look blah and feel blah and would love to be asleep. I am tired! And it was frigid outside this morning (and yesterday was relatively warm, so that's always fun). Although I wasn't able to experience it, since it wasn't happening when I got in to work at 7 this morning (okay, okay, I'll admit it... It was more like 7:10), apparently it started snowing again. I think it may have stopped by now. It's funny, because I am going through my old posts to add labels (to avoid too much repetition for you guys) and I saw the one where I talked about the possibility of seeing snow in the Northeast. I made the comment that I hoped to get to see it, but if I didn't, it would be okay, since I was going to move to WA next year and by then I would surely see snow. I said I'd made it 27 years without really seeing snow and I figured one more year wouldn't kill me. Ironic that I not only saw snow in the Northeast, but I also saw it here in Alabama this year! And apparently would have seen it again had I stepped outside this morning ;). But anyway, so yeah, it's cold here.

I was incredibly popular during class today. My dad called, my friend Virginia called (she was worried about me, since I didn't return her email and hadn't blogged yet and there's a flu going around here), and my brother Brad called. I felt loved. I never get phone calls during the day! Well, correction... I hardly ever get phone calls during the day. Elka called me yesterday and that was a fun conversation :). But I never get 3 in 3 hours!

Speaking of class... I'm not going to complain about it (although, believe me, I could). I will say that there is this one guy in there that really doesn't like the teacher. And she doesn't like him. And boy do they ever clash. She separated us into assigned groups before class today, so when we walked in, we had tables that had our names on them. Well, that guy decided he didn't like his group, since he didn't know anyone in it, and he changed his name to another group. Well, the teacher saw it when she came in and made him go back to the other group. Then later he was talking about statistics and she totally blasted him out of the water. And he was so mad, he was like breathing in and out to control himself. And then, because he kept shaking his head (his back was to her), she finally said, "Well, I'm sorry that you think you know so much more about this stuff than I do." Oh my gosh. And then, after class, April (who is in his group) told me that when he was presenting his article review, the teacher was making faces about his stuff. Which I find totally inappropriate. Oh yeah, and we got the scale on how she grades class participation. Let's just say that I will be getting a 2 out of 5 every day. Because I don't feel any need to run my mouth about stuff when I'm there to learn it from the teacher (and please understand that, in this class, I use the term "learn" loosely). Good grief. This is the worst class ever... Okay, sorry, I guess I did end up complaining a little bit. But seriously... And I wonder if I should fear that that guy (he also has a law degree) might start picking people off one day...

And, Strive for Five. Well, as I said, I am bloated and retaining water. The results showed up on the scale. I gained back the 2 pounds I had lost last week. Sigh. But I'm not going to stress over it too much, since I am pretty sure I know the culprit.

Well, this afternoon I am hanging out with Jeni again to visit the other two sisters we were unable to visit on Sunday. So that should be fun. I need to start working on several school projects some more, and if I can get a lot of that done quickly tonight, then maybe I'll reward myself by watching a cute movie :). I think my condition calls for a chick flick and some Edy's Thin Mint ice cream (which is suprisingly and depressingly short on the Thin Mints).

2 comments:

Katherine Ronachert said...

just remember you're still beautiful, have a fabulous haircut, and have every right to eat all the thin mint ice cream you want. in fact, i might purchase some and eat a pint for you! love ya!

Nilla said...

Awww! Thanks Elka :). It made me smile :). Loveya too!