Friday, February 15, 2008

Blushing Red

Yeah, so I'm sitting at my desk after lunch when my co-worker William comes back to our cube area from wherever he's been. And then I hear other footsteps behind him. I look up and there is a guy there with this beautiful arrangement of flowers. Beautiful. And can you imagine the shock I felt when they were for me?This, of course, drew a lot of attention from Annie and Le, who work in the cubes in front of William and me. And you really can't help but smile when you get flowers, only I was smiling and turning red all at the same time. Thank you Heath. They are beautiful.

I celebrated the rest of Valentine's Day by sitting at work until 5:30 and then going to class upstairs until almost 9. It was online, though, so it really wasn't so bad. I was able to accomplish some stuff for my other classes simultaneously, so that is always great. And I really have gotten popular. This will be the second month in a row that I have gone over my cell phone minutes. The popularity is a great thing, and everyone who knows me knows I could talk incessantly. But the bill when I go over my minutes is not a welcome one. So, I must not answer my phone before 9 p.m. today or on Monday, unless you're calling from a Verizon phone :). But feel free to call my phone over the weekend. It's free then. Anyway, so Christina called while I was in class and we talked a few minutes. She was reading her "birthday post" that I wrote for her. It's so fun to listen to her read the stories and laugh. And then, as an added bonus, she even blogged on her blog. So yay! Then my roommate called to see if I was home. Alas, I was not. Although, when I got home, my visiting teacher Jill had left me a plate of Valentine's cookies.

And it appears I am being put in situations that are making me feel the need to "rock the boat." I am not a boat rocker. I usually go with the flow. However, the latest news is that they are going to take out the remaining parking spaces outside of this library and put in a green area and a fountain. Because for some ridiculous reason, these people think students choose the universities they attend based on how many green spaces with fountains exist on the campus. Yeah, it's a good thing to have a pretty campus. But why don't they knock down some of the sorority and frat houses and build their fountains there? A good campus should be a blend of beauty and functionality. That just makes good sense. Anyway, my gripe is that they will probably start the process over the summer when there aren't many students here. And here's the thing: I paid $125 for my parking pass to park outside of my building. And the parking pass doesn't expire until August. Now, had I known this was in the works, I could have paid $80 for the parking deck pass. So, unless they plan to reimburse everyone who paid $125 to be able to park outside the building the $45 difference, I don't think they should do the change until the fall, when the new tags come into play. And while my little nothing self on the 4th floor and my opinion aren't going to mean much, I do believe I'm going to have to say something. Because that is just wrong. Oh, and for the record, I don't think treating your employees poorly says much about you as an institution.

In the good news arena... More Valentine's celebration is forthcoming! April and I are doing our Valentine's girlie night complete with all pink foods! How are we accomplishing this?, you might ask. You'll only get to know if you check back on Monday!!! Or maybe Saturday night, depending on whether or not I feel like blogging over the weekend ;). But it's sure to be lots of fun!

8 comments:

Heath Hopkins said...

You look beautiful! :D

Anonymous said...

The flowers are beautiful! Also, you need to rock the boat for your $45! That's $45 you could use elsewhere. Aunt H.

Katherine Ronachert said...

hello??? that's a tank of gas?!?!? definately let the unjustice be heard! i'd fight for a dollar! the flowers are pretty. oh and are those your new pj's?

Nilla said...

Well, no. that shirt is from 1999's Summer Reading Program. Haha. But, they match the pants (which are new, and which you cannot see in this picture). But I decided to take the new sleep pants to April's since they have pink-frosted cupcakes on them. Pink. It still fits ;).

Chimene's Life said...

Thats cool that you got flowers *smiles*. I never get flowers from people except for my dad on valentines *smiles*. That sucks about the parking spaces though.

juliebean said...

i love the flowers. I still love your hair! you are so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Heath's right, you ARE beautiful when you smile! Proud to adopt you as the little sis for whom I always wanted to trade my brother!

Jeni said...

You were having a really good hair day here, and good job Heath. Girls loooooove flowers. They're pretty, like Hila.