Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Why Nilla?

Well, someone asked, and since I had intended to explain it anyway, here it goes. Way back in 1999 (it feels like it was WAY back), Julie and I gave each other nicknames. I think I started it and started calling her Juliebean. So, she decided to think up a name for me that was food-oriented (since Juliebean is essentially jellybean). She came up with Nilla (sometimes Nilla Wafer). It's pretty close to Hila at any rate. And ever since then, we have referred to each other that way. Oh, also, "The Nilla" sounds a lot like "vanilla" and, according to both Julie and my sister, I am very vanilla. I just thought that the title "The Nilla Life" worked well for me. My life is pretty vanilla most of the time :). And I love the smell of vanilla... I will even choose vanilla over, say, strawberries and cream in a scented candle... right Julie :)? Well, check back later because I have a picture to post from 1999 of me and Julie and Alysha. It is a pretty neat comparison between then and now, since I already posted the most recent picture of the three of us. You can see how much Nilla, Alysha, and Juliebean have changed over the years. I have to go down to the technology center to scan it though, so it might be a while...

1 comment:

juliebean said...

I think your background is very Nilla too. All those colors to choose from and you chose the PLAIN one. That is so you Nilla

juliebean