Thursday, September 20, 2007

Sink or Swim

I feel like I am sinking. I keep finishing projects for school, but then get another one assigned. Or time seems to be running out on the next one due. Who knew one extra graduate class would make me stress out so much over classes? Okay, so I admit I'm a lousy student. I am not a fan of giving up my personal time to do school work. But that is not looking like an option. Either way, it's stressing me out, and I don't usually get stressed out over school. I know I'll be fine, and I even happened to make the comment (about sinking) to one of my professors last night (he is my professor for 2 of the 3 classes I'm taking this semester) and he said not to worry about his classes because I'm doing fine in them. So it's not that I'm worried about my grades so much as I'm worried about the deadlines. I don't like deadlines. Obviously I was not cut-out for the corporate world. So, probably I have chosen a pretty good profession for me :).

On to other depressing news... Today was Strive for Five weigh-in day. The whole time I'm just hoping I won't be the one who gained weight. Well, truthfully, we all did. But I gained the most of it. Almost 4 pounds. And I really don't get it, because I walked to work 2 times this week! And I don't think I have changed my eating habits. Oh well... the comfort is in that I wasn't the only one to gain, and also that they used a different scale this week than last week (okay, so I probably can't put a lot of weight -- no pun intended -- on this excuse, but my team seems to agree on it :)). Anyway, in total, my team gained 8.6 pounds. Ick. But I will push forward and try to have better results next week.

Oh, and a word to the wise... When you bite into a burrito and it burns (because it hasn't cooled off yet), don't continue to take the bite just because you're trying to hurry so you can get to Institute. You will end up with: a) a numb tongue on the parts where you have burned off your tastebuds; and b) a blister on the roof of your mouth that doesn't feel all that great. (And even if you're not hurrying to get to Institute, still don't do this :)). Seriously, I do believe this is the first time I've ever had a 2nd-degree burn in my mouth.

So, with my plethora of "complaints," I guess I should dedicate a paragraph to the great things in life :). I love my family and they are awesome (cousins and aunts, etc. included). My siblings are all doing well: Ben and Michelle, Sean, Tony, and Royce are all moved in to their new house - only minutes away from the rest of my WA family; Brad and Tarylyn, Saria, Samuel, and Benjamin are all moved in and settled into their new house -- only minutes away from the rest of my WA family (are we seeing a trend here? what am I doing in Alabama?); Brad's new job is going well; and everything seems to be quiet on the Western front (that is, the Pacific North-Western front :)). The weather is still nice in Alabama (I think I will bask in it for the next several months :)). I have a good job and, although I feel like I can't meet the deadlines, school is really going well and I am blessed to have the opportunities I'm having. Oh, and I have become the Smoothie Queen :). I have learned how to make my very own fruit smoothies and they are YUMMY.

1 comment:

Katherine Ronachert said...

obviously muscle weighs more than fat; your building muscle!! keep up the good work! much love