Thursday, September 13, 2007

Striving for Five

For the record... I am exhausted. This is how I feel:Okay, so here at the University, they have implemented a program called "Strive For Five" for the faculty and staff. Next year, they will expand it to students as well. Basically, the goal is to adopt a healthier lifestyle by each week: eating 5 fruits and veggies a day, drinking 5 glasses of water each day, thinking 5 positive thoughts each day, moving (exercising), and losing 5% of your team's total weight. There are three people per team and we weigh together, not separately. Anyway, so my team formed today and we went down to sign up. They have one big scale for us to all stand on. I will tell you that my team's weight came in at 435. Although I did weigh individually, I will not divulge that information :). In the end, if we complete a month of the program, we get a water bottle, and if we complete 5 check-ins at the end of the 2-month period, we get a free t-shirt. So yay. I like free stuff. And they give away free things at each weigh-in. Today, we got free fruit (I got a banana) and a free pedometer. Not that that's why I'm doing it. But it's fun to get free stuff :). Anyway, so here goes. My team has set a goal to lose a total of 10 pounds (although that is not 5%). Actually, the goal is to MAINTAIN the weight we have, but they did ask us to set a goal for losing weight as well. Either way, I just hope I don't let my team down. No, the stakes aren't high, but I don't want to be the loser of the bunch!

There is a farmer's market on-campus today as well. I am excited to see what kind of local fruits and veggies I can get there.

In other good news: I got home from work and school last night and found my package with my CDs. Yay!! I will again have to plug cdbaby.com for anyone wanting Shorty & Slim CDs or any other CDs from independent artists. That is what their business is. I was very impressed with their service. I mean, literally, they got me my purchase in 2 days. And they are clear off in Portland, OR. And they took a loss on the shipping costs.

1 comment:

juliebean said...

That is so funny to look at now. My mothers house looks completely different than that now. None of that furniture is there anymore. I forgot how it used to look. Dad bought himself a new leather chair and couch and a new desk. lol