Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Thank-you Brad

I seriously wrack my brain for anything interesting that happens in my day-to-day life. I am sorry to say that I always come up empty-handed. Which is why I usually post something from my past. I will not, however, force you to endure that today. I can't promise that I won't torture you with more stories later, but for today, I will give you a break.

Just to give you an overview of how my boring life usually goes: I wake up early. Well, it's early to me; too early. My alarm starts sounding at 6, but I have been making good friends with the snooze button lately and can't seem to get out of bed before 6:30. The really sad part is that I don't even remember hitting the snooze button half of the time. I get to work, get to my desk, and do work. Yay. If it's Wednesday, I usually have class from 9-11:45 in the morning, but today I don't (about which I am so glad). And if it's Monday or Wednesday, I will be here until 9 p.m. because I have night classes on those nights. And lately, I haven't managed to get to sleep before midnight. So I do not feel chipper the next morning. And that's pretty much my day. I told you, I have a very boring life.

Last night I had Institute. We are studying the Old Testament. I learn a lot in Institute. The teacher is very well-read and very intelligent and he can really make things come to life. I never get home from Institute before 9:45, but it is so worth it. Well, last night, my phone started ringing in the middle of class. I had it on vibrate, though, so it wasn't disruptive. Last week, my dad called me during class, twice. Which had me worried, because he never calls twice in a row. So I actually got up to answer it the second time. But on Tuesday night, Institute is packed (we usually have around 20 people in a very small space), so I had to go use the restroom to talk to my dad because it would have been very hard to get around everyone to go outside. Anyway, to make a long story short, my dad was calling to tell me that PBS had some mariachis (Mexican musicians) on and he wanted me to see it. I was just relieved it wasn't anything bad!

Anyway, so my phone rang again last night, but I didn't feel like trying to see who it was calling me. So when I got out of class, I looked. It had been Brad. So I called him back. He called to tell me that Tarylyn liked my title Murders on My Street and said that it sounded R.L. Stine-ish. Which is great, because that's exactly what I was going for at the time. I mean, that's what I was reading back in 5th grade (to my mother's ignorance... she didn't want me to read them, but I borrowed them from my friends... I was a rebel, and I'm not particularly proud of myself now for going against my mom's wishes). So, my title was fitting as far as that is concerned. So I said to Brad, "See, my title wasn't so stupid after all." And he said, "Well, you're right, it wasn't as bad as your other title: Last Chance for Survival." And then he started laughing. Not even I had remembered that title. But he's right. That was another one of the titles I'd created, and of which he'd made fun. So then he starts telling me the story line I'd planned for that book, and he was asking me if he was right about what he remembered. I said, "How do you even remember this? I didn't remember the title, much less the storyline!" But I committed to writing the title in this blog (as well as in my journal last night) so that I never forget again. So, thanks Brad, for reminding me about yet another of my goofy titles. Hey, I was 11. What do you expect?

And now I'm at work for another day. See, I told you my life is BORING. I bet you're wishing now that I would just go back to writing about past funny stories :).

No comments: