Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Labor Day Weekend


Me and Kristin

Well, I went back to Dothan for Labor Day weekend. It was a much needed trip. I really felt like a different person there. My best friend drove up from Florida and we hung out and had a blast (as always). I also got to see a lot of my other friends, plus I got to see my dad. It just felt good to be there, to always have something to do, somewhere to go, and someone to see. I can't say I did anything earth-shattering while I was there. In fact, Kristin and I decided that we are truly old, because after dinner at Chili's and walking around the mall once, we decided we were tired and that we couldn't think of anything else to do, so we called it a night (at 7 p.m.!!!). But, as has always been my philosophy, I don't care WHAT we do... the fun for me is just in hanging out with people about whom I care.

Oh, this brings me to warning #1. I was an English major undergrad. I had a professor who pretty much fixed my habit of ending sentences with a preposition. So, forgive me if my sentences sound obnoxiously snooty and silly when I write things like my last sentence above. I still talk that way (in other words, I would have verbally said "...people I care about"), but for some reason, it kills me to see it in writing!!!

Warning #2 is that I love pictures, so I will probably post lots of them.


Me, Alysha, and Julie -- now and then

Anyway, I returned to reality (a.k.a. 'the rat race') and am back at work today. Woohoo! But like I said, I enjoyed my trip so much and it really revitalized me and made me feel like I can get through another 3 months of working and going to school!

1 comment:

juliebean said...

wow, we look the same, then and now. Alysha sure did grow up!!