Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Something to Make Everyone Laugh

Okay, so what you are about to see will definitely make you laugh. But don't we all need something to do just that??? It's kind of another "now and then", but you'll definitely be thinking (if you aren't already)... "She was cuter THEN." And admittedly, so was the style :).



Okay, the picture on the left (obviously the "now") was taken in Dothan. Kristin and I were discussing the 80's because one of her part-time workers is 17 and has never seen The Goonies and never even heard of The Ghostbvsters. What is this world coming to??? So, Kristin and I took it upon ourselves to educate her in the crash course of all things 80's (and you should know by now that I LOVE THE 80'S). We discussed, among other things, side ponytails (and I kindly demonstrated), jelly shoes (please take a gander at my 6-year old feet), NKOTB -- and for you poor, poor souls who do not know who they are, I linked it so you could find out... click here for one of their videos (Julie, you don't get to have a choice... you have to watch it, at least the first minute and 45 seconds of it, okay :)?) -- and Popples!!! (Again, a convenient link for any deprived soul who does not know what a Popple is: click here). Oh, and we can't forget Rainbow Bright! At age 6, I was about as 80's as you could get. Please notice my Cabbage Patch Doll shirt and Baby Gonzo (the muppet baby) in my hands. I believe that was the year they were the toys in the McDonald's Happy Meals.

Well, I can't think of anything interesting to say, so I guess I will just leave you with those memories of a great time... Who doesn't love the 80's? Oh, the weather here has been beautiful. I walked to work today. I think we are in the 60s in the mornings. Such a nice and very welcome change from the days of 108 degree temperatures with heat indexes at or near 115! Hope everyone is having a good day!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Next time we do this...I will bring the Jellie shoes that I brought from my grandfather...they are red and probably fit me now, and put them on and we can do the side ponies. Oh, and the shirt thingies...you know, the ones that you tie your shirt on the side with...Julie knows, I'm sure. We should record ourselves singing "the right stuff" of maybe "Hey MIckey"

juliebean said...

jelli shoes!!!! i forgot all about those. I had one of those shirt tie things, it was in the shape of a heart. I can't wait to see those come back in style. I mean, leggings did, why not that!!

Hey mickey your so fine.........