Friday, September 7, 2007

I Should Have Stayed in Bed

Well, it's finally Friday, and I only have to work until 11:30, so that is great. But, by Friday, I'm usually exhausted. My alarm went off at 6, but I fell back asleep until about 6:35. But no big deal, that's still plenty of time for me to get ready and get to work. But I dawdle, so I end up with about 5 minutes before I have to leave when I go into the kitchen to put all my breakfast stuff into a bag to take to work. So, my breakfast is: a water bottle full of water, a banana, and a water bottle half full of milk (for chocolate milk). As is my usual routine, I put the chocolate syrup into the bottle before I leave in the morning. So, I'm trying to hurry a little, and I am squeezing the chocolate syrup into the milk in the bottle. Apparently I was squeezing a little too hard (and apparently the "Great Value" of chocolate syrup does not extend to the bottle in which it comes) because the entire top popped off. And yes, syrup went all over my counter. Arg. So I stop squeezing and it takes me a few seconds to even figure out what to do first. But I know I can't just leave it. Number one, I don't want any uninvited critters (like ants) to feel the syrup is an invitation, and number two, I don't really want to have to come home to this mess. Anyway, I finally start SOMEWHERE and little by little I'm getting it cleaned up. I had to peel my banana (since it was sitting in the puddle of syrup), so that took time, because then I had to put the banana into a plastic ziplock. The last thing I tackled was the puddle on the counter. This took something like 6 paper towels. Although you wouldn't think so, chocolate syrup is about as hard to clean up as a raw egg. So, in the process of cleaning off the counter, I made a bigger mess because then it started dripping on the floor. And at one point, in my rush to hurry, I threw the chocolate-covered paper towel into the trash (it's a VERY small kitchen, so it wasn't even a big distance) and the syrup kindly streamed off the paper towel and onto the wall above the trash can. Double arg. So, I was late to work. Then, I sit down at my desk and , with my teeth, pop open the top of the bottle (you know, the suction top through which you suck the water/milk) and the force of that causes chocolate milk to spray all over my keyboard. So, I had to clean that up. Triple arg. I guess I can assume the day can only get better :).

Well, for your viewing pleasure, I am including a picture of most of my family. Some of you have seen the picture, but some haven't. Missing are my dad, Christina's husband, Ben and Michelle's sons, and Brad and Tarylyn's daughter Saria. The three kids were in school when the picture was taken, otherwise they would have been there. This was taken in March when I went to Washington for Spring Break. Enjoy. And if you have any questions as to who is who, let me know :).

No comments: