Monday, September 10, 2007

Monday, Monday, can't trust that day

It is another Monday morning and I am tired. Here's the problem: I cannot seem to stop taking naps on Sunday afternoons! I know what will happen if I take a nap: I won't be able to fall asleep at night. Yet even knowing that, I can't seem to stay awake. So I took a nap yesterday (and they always seem to be 1.5 to 2 hour-long naps) and then, sure enough, I could not fall asleep last night. I drifted off some time after 1 a.m. and woke up at about 2:25 from a terrible dream. I believe it was the first time I've ever consciously woken myself from a dream. I fell back asleep only to hear my alarm annoyingly beeping a few hours later at 6. And here's another problem: it's getting to where it's still dark outside at 6 in the morning. And here's my motto: If the sun ain't shining, then why should I? Haha. That's been my motto since high school.

Oh, a thought about watching the clock: I once had a teacher who talked about people who use their right brain versus their left brain. I can't remember which is which, but he commented on how people who use one side are governed by numbers... That would be me. I am governed by time. He asked the class if there were any of us who, upon waking at night and it's still dark outside, always look at the clock. Well, that is me 100%. His question was: "Why? If it's still dark outside and the alarm hasn't sounded, then you can still go back to sleep. Who cares what time it is." That's hilarious. Doesn't he understand that it's important to know just how much time I have left to sleep before the annoying alarm goes off?

One more cute tale with which to regale you. With photo included so you can see the cutey who did this. Okay, I called my sister Christina last night and she was telling me about her 2 1/2 year old Desiree. She's my little munchkin. And she's growing up so much and I'm missing it :(. Well, anyway, apparently Desiree has learned what sounds babies make. So one day she was following Christina around on her hands and knees and going, "waa, waa" like a baby. Then she started going "goo-goo gaa-gaa." She was doing this last night when I was talking to Christina also, so I could hear her in the background. I asked Christina where she picked that up, and Christina said she has no idea. But it's hilarious. I don't know how she learned to associate "goo-goo ga-ga" with the sound a baby makes. Okay, but that's not all. Then Christina tells me about one day last week when Christina and Desiree were driving home. They were playing the animal game where Christina says, "What does a horse say?" And Desiree would whinney like a horse. Then, "What does an elephant say," and she would make that sound. So Christina says, "Okay, what does a mama say?" And Desiree (without hesitation) replied, "No." Out of the mouths of babes. She's a smart cookie and she's going to give Christina a run for her money. Anyway, attached is a picture of three of my most favorite people: Desiree, Saria, and Samuel. They are my three little piggies... This is the second picture I have of them all eating something at the same time. Enjoy! Oh, and that's my mom behind them.

P.S. Julie-- yes, I am vanilla. I was waiting on a comment on how I chose the least froo-froo blog layout available! Kinda like the S'mores incident, no?

1 comment:

juliebean said...

the smores incident!!!! This is a story you should include in your blog one day. I believe it sums you up completely!!!