Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Ten Years Later, Nine Days to Go

So yesterday I met up with Diana. Diana was in the Young Women's presidency in Panama when I was in Young Women. She was the Beehive advisor or counselor, so Christina was in her class. But we were a small group of girls, so we all knew each other quite well. I remember one night we had a sleepover party at Diana's house. We watched Now and Then and slept all over her living room. It was a lot of fun. I don't remember everything we did, but I do remember the next morning we ate cereal, and Diana sprinkled chocolate milk mix into her bowl of cereal, because she said she didn't like to drink the milk without it being chocolatey. This was a novel idea to me. It never would have occurred to me to do something like that :). I also remember that, the Wednesday before we moved away from Panama, we saw Diana and Paul at church. They had just had their first baby -- a little boy named Andrew. When we had told everyone we were moving to Dothan, AL, everyone's response was, "Where is that?!?" Well, that Wednesday night, Paul and Diana were excited to show us that one of the baby things of Andrew (I think maybe it was a plastic-covered changing mat) was made in Dothan!

So anyway, a lot changes in 10 years. And here's the proof:
Andrew, Diana, Talia, and Lindsay
Diana now has three children. And Andrew, whom I held when he was an infant, is definitely not a baby anymore! But, Diana looks like she hasn't aged a day! We met up at Panera Bread here, and enjoyed a lunch (thanks, Diana, for treating!). We sat and visited there for about 2 hours. Diana had to drive an hour back home for some things she had to get back to, so we weren't able to visit longer than that. But it was a wonderful visit. We did a lot of catching-up on life. She was amazed to learn that Brad has 3 children and Christina has a daughter. I think it's times like that when you really realize that the time really has gone by. Ten years! It's just crazy.

So, here are Diana and me. I am looking rough. Oh well. At least it was a great time :).
me and Diana

After lunch with Diana, I went home and washed a load of clothes. I also dozed for a little while. Yes, I know I should have been packing. But, I wasn't. I went by the apartment office and talked to them about what all Stefanie and I need to do when we move out. In 9 days. I'm in the single digits... can you believe it? I really can't. I can't believe that in 2 weeks, I'll be in Panama. I am so excited.

After a shower, I went to Virginia's and we went to Hobby Lobby and then to this Mexican restaurant called Las Tarascas or something like that. We split a steak quesadilla and some bean dip. Very yummy. Thanks, Virginia! Then we went back to Virginia's to work a little on our houses again. And I was supposed to work on burning more of the family DVDs (I'm kind of running out of time...), but I forgot. Crapola.

3 comments:

juliebean said...

the movie is that movie you love so much with alicia silverstone where he steals that car and she is a rich girl and blah blah I can never remember the name of that stupid movie. I should get points just for knowing what it is..... so there

juliebean said...

i cannot believe you only have nine days left. I seems like only a few months ago you started this Tuscaloosa adventure. I can't believe it is already over. I am so proud of you!!!

Katherine Ronachert said...

crapola.
classic.