Monday, July 21, 2008

642.1 LIB

Although I can't say this with any certainty, I think the library-themed party (which was a total hit :)) would be classified, according to Dewey, somewhere around the title of this post :). Or at least the book that tells about the party would be :). And, I'm officially a library nerd!

Librarians have more fun. It's just the truth. :). Or maybe I'm biased.

So Thursday night I went to Home, Family, and Personal Enrichment at church. I learned how to make Tinge, or Tostada de pollo en chipotle, or Chipotle chicken tostadas. Very easy to make. Very delicioso! On Friday, I worked all day and then went home and worked on packing for a couple of hours. Well, several hours, actually. I got a pretty good bit done. It's all starting to come together, as far as getting packed out is concerned. Which is good, since I need to move my stuff to Virginia's this Saturday... Oddly enough, I didn't sleep in very late on Saturday. I woke up at 8:15, and was wide awake. So, I finished Here Lies the Librarian by Richard Peck. I like his books. They are mainly geared towards young adults. Once I was done with that and had gotten some cereal in me for breakfast (the breakfast of champions, you know :)), I went back to the work of packing. It is amazing how much I have packed up. I'm really just down the nitty gritty stuff... stuff that can't be packed before the very end, like a few pots and pans, etc. Woohoo! This hasn't been so bad packing. Probably mostly because I didn't unpack a lot when I moved in. However, you would be amazed at the stuff you accrue, even in 10 months. When I wanted to take a break from packing, I did stuff like making our library stacks (for the library party) and also making our text for our salad... See:
The text in our salad
That really wasn't that hard to do. And that's the only proof you'll have that there was text in the salad.

April and Courtney arrived around 4:15. We put away the stuff they brought (fudge, and ingredients for the vegetable soup), and then we headed to Hudson's Dirt Cheap, where April and Courtney bought a lot of stuff for less than $15. We even got some Mad Libs. I'll be using these on my siblings when I get to Washington. Because I'm slightly of the loser-variety, and I think those are fun :). Then we went to Krispy Kreme to get breakfast for Sunday. See, Stefanie had this coupon to buy 3 donuts and get 3 donuts for free! Stefanie wasn't going to use it, so she gave it to us to use. And use it we did. I got a lemon-filled and a custard-filled. Courtney got a lemon-filled and an apple-cinnamon filled, and April got two chocolate-glazed. And since we were very hungry and we still had to go by Target and then go home to make the dinner, we each ate a fresh donut on the way to Target :). We picked up the stuff we needed at Target, and then we headed to the Piggly Wiggly, where they sell cold Pepsi products in the machines outside for 35 cents each. So, we each got 2. Then it was back to the apartment. In our absence, some people had come to pick up the stuff that belonged to the girl that lived with Stefanie before I did. So, it looked way different and much more empty. I guess this means we really are moving out! So, we got the soup a-cookin' and watched an episode of My So-Called Life. We had a hot date with Jordan Catalano. By the time that was done, it was time to get working on our table-scape. And so we did. And finished up the soup. So, for your viewing pleasure... Here is a slide-show!

You can always click on the slide show and that will take you to the album and you can view the pictures at your own pace :). Because you'll notice they each had a little picture and some text in front of them... It's good stuff. You'll want to read those :). And may I also say that I now want to read I am the Cheese. Because that little synopsis I found for that makes it sound very good.

The food was fabulous. I really really liked the vegetable soup. I will make it again. It will be especially good on cold Washington days :). After eating, I loaded up the dishwasher, and we set up Trivial Pursuit 80s edition. The game began all smiles.... But my smiled turned upside down when I lost. I lost!!!! I was appalled to say the least. I don't know what's going on with me! Although I will say that we did alter the rules a little toward the end, because it was getting late. So, perhaps I'd have had a chance to come back if we'd kept the original rules. But those sports and leisure questions really really kill me every time. And then April goes and gets hers on the first try, because she can name more than one boxer from the 80s... And wouldn't you know it, she picks to guess the right one: Sugar Ray Leonard. Ugh. I will say that the very first sports/leisure question I got I also got right... It was about boxing, and I only could think of one boxer: Muhammed Ali. And it was right! Too bad it wasn't a pie question :(. Also, I don't know diddly about what happened in the headlines in the 80s.

On Sunday morning, we got up early, because April and Courtney had to be on the road by 8. So, I packed them up some leftovers, gave them their second donut (we should have taken pictures with our donuts that said something like, "Shhh! Donut talk loudly in the library!" I am such a loser!!!), and said my goodbyes to them. And so here is another good-bye... April has been such an awesome friend, and I'm so glad we met in library school. We have many fond memories from class, and I look forward to keeping in touch with her and seeing where we both go in life :). And hopefully, at least once or twice somewhere down the line, she can visit me, or I can visit her, and we can re-kindle the library-themed girlie night :). So, here are the rest of the pictures from that night, including three gorgeous can-can librarians :). Okay, well, 2 and a half :).
Jean-capris clad can-can librarians
Clicking this picture will take you to all pictures from the night, including the food :).

Sunday was church. After church, I invited Virginia over to help eat some leftovers. We visited and had a good time chatting. Then I read some more of The Screwtape Letters. I need to get that finished before I head to Dothan, so I can give it back to Tammy! Then my home teacher came by to share a message. Then Brad called. Then Diana called to firm up plans for meeting up today :)! And then Julie called. And then I got a shower. And then some guys who mainly speak Spanish that Stefanie works with came by to meet with the missionaries, and I was able to brush up on my understanding-Spanish skills as I translated for Stefanie and Allyson. Allyson's brother Matt was there also, but I think he got the gist of it, and he was too far away to hear what I was saying. I've got to say, it's pretty awesome to understand another language. I'm thankful that I do, and that, though my Spanish-speaking skills are less than stellar (I've certainly gotten rusty over the past 10 years), I am still able to understand it. And I also have to say that I'm sorry I didn't get to know Allyson better before I leave here. I think she and I would have really it it off. Sigh. Oh well. After the missionaries and the guys Stefanie knows from work and Matt left, Stefanie, Allyson, and I sat around gabbing until 11, and that was a lot of fun. So, it was a really fun weekend. I was very productive, getting everything packed up and ready. And I had a wonderful time! And today should be really neat, since I'll be meeting up with Diana, whom I haven't seen in 10 years! So, expect more pictures tomorrow :).

Oh, and let me give a shout-out to Christina's blog. It's finally been updated after 5 months!

No comments: