Wednesday, July 9, 2008

And We're Back

Well, that was a lovely relaxing several days off of work :). It was filled with lots of fun laughs and yummy food as well :). And let me just say Shayla is adorable! She looks so much like her daddy. And her little brow is always furrowed, as though she is pondering the world. So cute! Because I have lots of work to catch up on, I will probably let the pictures tell the story... I visited Heath and saw his new condo on the way down to see Julie. Then I spent tons of time hanging out with Julie and Shayla and Alysha. It was lots of fun and laughs. At one point, Julie and I went to the grocery store to buy ingredients for our yummy food night. We were driving home when we heard a pop! Julie's first thought was that we'd been hit by another car. My thought was that it sounded like a gun shot, but then it also sounded like it came from the car. I looked in the back seat and noticed in the grocery bag that I could see dough in the bag!!! That's right... the tube of french loaf dough had exploded! Half of the dough was propelled out of the tube. It was hilarious :). That was our Juliebean and Nilla memory of the trip... We laughed so hard :). Good times.
Me, Julie, and Shayla

Also, I have separated the food pictures out into my food album. So... Here's Alysha dishing up her plate, and you can see our spread :). It was very very yummy. That was also the night we watched The Bucket List. It was a bittersweet movie.
Alysha and our spread

And would you believe they still haven't posted our grades!!?? I'm not worried or anything... Just curious. I'll let you know what I find out :).

6 comments:

the happy thomas family said...

what a sweet little munchkin! glad you had a good trip...

Heath Hopkins said...

I noticed that you didn't write anything about Trivial Pursuit 80s Edition. Had Jon and I not whooped you guy's booties, you would have written all about it. ;P

Heather said...

I'm glad you had a good trip. That dough in a can stuff always makes me jump. You just never know when it's going to pop.

Mel's c-section is scheduled for July 17th. I knew you'd like Cash Cab.

Kira =] said...

"YAY!" yelled Muppet show style. =]

Cute, Cute Baby! Love how Alysha even posed for you! Pam said the Bucket List was a movie that made you think about your own list.

And I must have more chocolate covered Oreos, please. next month? =]

juliebean said...

What a great weekend. So much food, so bad for our girlish figures.... The boys did NOT whip us at TP 80s edition... they just got lucky.....

Mitchell4 said...

Welcome Back!!. It's great that you were able to enjoy good food and good company. That's always way fun. I still need to see The bucket list. It's on my To Rent List.