Tuesday, July 29, 2008

100 Things About Me -- Part 5 of 10

41. I don't make my bed. I think it is the most pointless chore, because I'm just going to get back into it that night. I remember when my parents used to tell us to make the bed, I would declare, "It's not like Queen Elizabeth is going to show up and see our beds unmade."
42. I had a smart mouth when I was growing up.
43. I got smacked in it two whole times in my life, once by each parent. I'm thinking.... Okay, actually I'm knowing... that I deserved to get smacked for being a smart-alec a whole lot more than twice.
44. One time I was supposed to set the table for dinner, and I thought it would be clever of me to see if I could balance 5 plates on my head. It wasn't. They fell, and all but maybe 1 broke. My dad was not impressed.
45. We used to have a chore chart that indicated which chore we were responsible for on which day of the week. There were 3 chores we rotated: washing dishes, walking the dog, and setting/clearing the table. My dog-walking days were Wednesday and Saturday. I am almost positive my dish-days were Monday and Thursday. I don't know why I remember this.
46. I still remember both of our phone numbers from Panama. And I remember the whole history of the numbers too. So, I'll share it. Originally we only had one phone line. The number was 52-6986. Then one day they decided to add another 2 to the front, to make them 7 digits. So then it was 252-6986. And then one day they decided to change the 5 to a 7 in the prefix. I don't know why. So then it was 272-6986. This happened the summer of 1995. Our "upstairs" phone number (we called it that, because it was ONLY upstairs in mine and Christina's bedroom and Brad's bedroom, whereas the other one was in my parents' room and in the kitchen) was 272-2068.
47. I also remember what our alarm code was for the house and that we had to append "7" to the code to turn it off; "3" to the code to put it on stand-by so we had 30 seconds to get out the door; and "1" to the code to turn it on, like when we went to bed at night, so it would sound if anything opened at all.
48. I remember a lot of useless information.
49. I won an award in kindergarten for losing the most teeth that year.
50. That same year, I also knocked myself out by running head-on into a green pole. But, that's a story for another time. And fear not, it's on my "to-be-blogged" list :).

2 comments:

Kira =] said...

LOL! Hahahahahaha! =]

I have tons of useless information as well. And why do I go searching it out?

Katherine Ronachert said...

i must say that you do have a great (freakish?) memory.
:)
thought of you today at wawa!