Wednesday, July 16, 2008

100 Things About Me -- Part 3 of 10

Before I begin my list, let me say this: I put in my 2 weeks' notice yesterday. My last day is still the 31st, but due to not wanting to have to set silly goals for the next year in a meeting today, I went ahead and took my resignation letter to my supervisor yesterday. My supervisor is actually leaving this week. Her last day is Friday. All I know is that the next 2 weeks are going to fly.

It seems like there was something else I was going to say, but I can't remember what it was. Oh well. Perhaps it will come to me.

21. I know how to drive a stick-shift car.
22. Up until 1998, I flew at least every other year from Panama to the States for vacation. So flying has never been a novelty to me as far as I can remember.
23. In 1997, Brad, Christina, and I flew from Panama to Atlanta by ourselves and were meeting up with my mom in Atlanta. That meant I was in charge. When we were going through customs, the customs guy asked me and Brad (my 13-month younger brother) if we were married. GROSSSSS. Ewwww. Ick!!! I mean, really dude? I was 16 and he was 15. Did we really look like were were old enough to be married? And what was Christina? Our kid? I mean, our passports all had the same last name!
24. I think the absolute worst way to die would be to run out of oxygen...
25. So you will never find me in outer space or scuba diving.
26. I am not a dare-devil... I do not find adventure in doing things like sky-diving.
27. My favorite color is something like hunter green.
28. Back in my school days (except in 6th grade when I was actually part of the "cool" group), I always sat in the first seat on the bus, right behind the bus driver... I know, such a loser. I was a senior in high school, sitting behind the bus driver.
29. My dad says I should have been named Margaret. Instead, that's my middle name.
30. I scored a 29 on the ACT back in 1998. It was the only time I took the test, and I was happy with my score, so I didn't take it again.

Oh yeah! I finally remembered what it was I wanted to say! So, April and I are having a girlie night this weekend. We thought it would be neat to do a theme around libraries, since we both just got our library degrees. But, what kind of food can you have? April thought up Dewey Decimal Soup (vegetable alphabet/number soup) and buns (as in a librarian's bun). The only thing I can come up with is a salad and call it "leaves" of something... Which is lame. So, I'm calling on my creative friends out there to help me come up with library-theme food -- or book-themed... I looked online and couldn't find anything!

*Julia-Ann has guessed the movie quote correctly!*

6 comments:

the happy thomas family said...

i love the name margaret... that is my great-grandmother's name. i hope to use it in one of my girls names... that is, if i have a girl.

no idea about what to serve at your girlie night... good luck with that one! it does sound like you are off to a good start!

Virginia said...

I looked up some library terminology in an effort to spark an idea: STACKS! I think it has real potential but am going to TRY to quit thinking about this and go back to work.

juliebean said...

i have two guesses, but I narrowed it down. Is it one of the dundee movies....?

Julie

Jeni said...

I have a cake pan that is a 3-D open book (think an open book sitting on it's spine with the pages curved up a bit in the middle....) Let me know if you're interested.

The Silverback said...

Nope. I diagree with your dad. Surprised? Your name is as it should be. Honorable, strong, beautiful; almost one-of-a-kind. Margaret is a great middle name that compliments your first name. Nope. Your dad is definately wrong on this one.
Love, Aunt Hila ;-)

Nilla said...

Hahaha.... Yeah, he is opinionated. And I do think my name is supposed to be my name. BUt then, I've said that before ;). I like my middle name as it is also. It fits with my first name, even though a lot of people say they sound weird together.

Love you, Aunt Hila :)! (Coincidentally, love your name too :)).

And glad to have you back in the blogging world!