Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Cell Phones and 100 Things About Me -- Part 6 of 10

So I find it funny how attached we are to cell phones. I am no exception. Sometime around 8:45 last night, my cell phone stopped connecting to anything. In other words, I couldn't make calls, calls couldn't come in, I couldn't send a text message, I couldn't even contact Verizon in any form or fashion, including accessing my voicemail. I'm happy to report that, while that was still the case at 11:30 last night, it was not the case this morning at 7:15. Yay. Not that my phone goes ringing off the hook or anything, but it's really nice to have access to the outside world. And my cell phone is it, since we don't have a land-line. And now I know why, sometimes, it's good to have a land-line. Actually, this happened to me once before when I lived in Dothan. It was weird. And again, the next morning, when I drove far enough away from the apartment, it worked. Who knows...

I worked on cleaning the kitchen a bit last night. All major furniture has been removed from the apartment. It's really quite empty. It's strange. I'm leaving work early today for a dentist appointment, and am going home afterwards to work work work my little tail off in the apartment. I have to pack all my stuff, then pack it into the car. Because tomorrow, when I leave in the morning, I am not going back. So weird! I guess I should make sure to get pictures of everything I want to have pictures of this evening... Oh, and I also went to sleep with a headache. I'm happy to report that is gone too.

And now, to the Nilla List!

51. I know how to muddle through "playing" the piano. But I'm not very good at it.
52. I'm not very good because, if you took all my lessons and crammed them back to back, they'd equal maybe one year. But I didn't take them back to back, so it went more like this: took lessons in 4th grade for a few months -- quit. Took lessons in 7th grade for a few months -- quit. Took lessons in 11th grade for a few months -- moved to Dothan and never started taking lessons again.
53. I got my B-badge when I was in kindergarten. A B-badge was the little card that I could show at the pool that indicated I knew how to swim, so I didn't have to have a parent there with me.
54. I still have my B-badge... it's in my scrapbook. But I look nothing like the picture on it, since that was my kindergarten picture.
55. When people first meet me, they think I am quiet, because I don't say much in a group of people or around people I don't really know. I'm pretty sure I have trapped numerous people this way. They eventually find out I have the problem of "I'm talking and I can't shut-up" and they are probably very sorry they hung around long enough to find that out ;).
56. I don't really like seafood. I will eat fried shrimp if it doesn't taste fishy. But really, fishy smells turn me off, so I rarely eat seafood at all. Yuck.
57. I don't really like the beach. The salt water irritates my skin and the sand gets everywhere. I mean everywhere.
58. People usually think I'm weird when I tell them #56 and 57 because I grew up in a place where I could visit both the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans in the same day (1 hour apart). Oh well. So sue me :).
59. I'm not a really big fan of leftovers. There are very few meals I will eat as leftovers, and very few of them are chicken dishes. Because chicken, in my opinion, that has been refrigerated after being cooked tastes like old chicken to me. It's gross. So if I eat a chicken dish leftover, it's because the chicken is mixed in like a casserole or something like that where the "old" taste is camouflaged by the other ingredients. Ick. Just thinking about old chicken taste is grossing me out.
60. I once made a fort in the jungle with Brad and Christina. I was in charge of using the machete to cut the path, since I was the oldest. We even had an escape path through black palm in case of fort raiders.

2 comments:

Virginia said...

Haven't you been living on leftovers while you were in graduate school? Wow, I impressed that you did it. FYI, I am only sorry that I didn't find out sooner how much you can talk! Gonna miss you big time. Thankfully I have all those boxes to keep me company for a bit longer ;-)

Nilla said...

Only the kind of leftovers that I can tolerate. Like I said, I've been particular about the things I cook when I know I'm going to be eating it 5 days in a row. I get bored with the same thing day after day easily, on top of being picky about the taste of leftovers....