Monday, March 10, 2008

6:00 Already?

I was just in the middle of a dream! Ugh. But it really is another Manic Monday. And I totally blamed it on the dude hauling some kind of tractor on a 2-lane, NO PASS AT ALL road that I was 10 minutes late to work. Ugh. Oh, I didn't get out of bed at 6, but my alarm started going off at that time. So, the title fits :). And I can guarantee that the thought (in some muddled form or fashion) did cross my mind that I couldn't believe it was 6:00 already. Probably mostly because, due to the time change, it was once again dark outside at that time. This time last year I was in Seattle. Here's to hoping that this time next year will find me there again, only this time indefinitely :).

So Friday after the Institute Friday Forum, Tom invited me to join he and a couple of other guys from church to see the movie 10,000 B.C. I'd never even heard of it. Tom told me what it was about, and I figured I had nothing better to do, so I went and saw my first movie in the movie theatre here. I've lived here a year and a half now, and this is the first time I've been to the real theatre here. Haha... Anyway, in case you don't know what the movie is, here's a link to a trailer (or preview) for it. I've found that if you see a movie and have little to no expectations about it, you really can't be disappointed. And since I'd never even heard of this movie (and I only realized while watching that trailer for it just now that Friday was it's opening day), I had absolutely no expectations. And I actually thought it was quite decent. The graphics and effects were awesome, at least in my opinion. After the movie, I went home and got a shower. Then Stefanie and I went to Hobby Lobby to find stuff for baby shower favors for Julie's baby shower (which is in less than a week, Juliebean!!!). After we got home, Pace came over and brought a movie for the 3 of us to watch: The Prestige. Probably some of you have heard of it. I never had. But it was good. I mean, it's got some serious twists in it through the whole movie. I liked it. And hey, David Bowie was in it (he plays Nicolai Tesla), and you know how much I adore David Bowie.... Haha :). Ironically, it turns out Brad and Tarylyn rented this movie and watched it this past weekend also.

On Saturday, I woke up early to go to a Relief Society thing. We were having breakfast at the chapel here and then carpooling to the Temple. Well, I went outside and saw this:

That's right... More snow in Alabama! It's just crazy! Of course, it had quit snowing by this point (and it was still early... about 7:25 a.m.). So, I de-snowed my car and headed to the chapel. We ate breakfast, but also got the news that, due to many accidents on the Interstate overpasses, the Interstates had been closed in many areas. So, that pretty much nixed the Temple trip. So, we ate breakfast and had a lesson by Pres. Archibald that was great. And then we went home. So I took care of a few tasks at home I'd let pile up (namely hanging up all my clean clothes...), and then I called Viriginia to see if she wanted to hang out and go to FedEx/Kinko's with me to make a transparency. Virginia had a better idea... She had transparency sheets and an inkjet printer that would print them! So she offered up these materials, and I was able to make my transparency at her house instead! And so I took over some Publix brand Black Jack Cherry frozen yogurt (this stuff is so good, you wouldn't even realize it wasn't ice cream if you didn't know it). And since we were watching comedic movies while I was burning more of my family DVDs (and since it was yogurt, not ice cream, and was therefore healthy for you ;), Virginia and I took the liberty of eating heaping huge bowls-full... And we (or at least I wasn't) weren't the least bit sorry :).

So I was very tired Saturday night and didn't feel like doing much after I got home from Virginia's. So I didn't. I did a little bit of reading. And really, if it hadn't been the night to "spring forward," it would have been an early night. However, since I had to "spring forward" it didn't seem like such an early night. I think we should never lose an hour. That's just hideous. I think we should always gain it. Just so you know. Church was good. My friend Jeni and her husband David spoke, and they did an excellent job. I also found people to teach the nursery lesson for the next 2 weeks for me, since I'm headed to Dothan for my Spring Break (and none too soon!!). After church I took a lovely little nap (on purpose... I was seriously tired) and then got up to finish making the crock pot chicken taco soup. Yum. Which Stefanie and I ate later. Yum. And a little later, I had some more Black Jack Cherry frozen yogurt while watching some of the family videos. I laugh every time. I also talked to my mom, Brad, and Christina and Desiree. Desiree told me all about her ponies. (She's majorly into My Little Pony. Such a smart girl to adore the 80s toys ;)).

5 comments:

Katherine Ronachert said...

good thing there's global warming! :)

Katherine Ronachert said...

ok, now i read the whole blog! when do you leave for dothan? that should be fun! we totally didn't even know spring forward was happening. (after all we spent the whole weekend basically technology free. i told elliott i wasn't going to blog or anything, no internet, and it was liberating! i did send out pics of our adventures but that doesn't count.) so anyway, we show up to church at 10:00, oops, i mean 11:00! man! it was the fastest sacrament meeting ever! we weren't the only ones, though!

Nilla said...

I leave for Dothan on Friday, and am headed to Julie's mom's to make the food for the shower and have a girlie night. Then Saturday is the shower and then I'll go to my dad's for the rest of the week. Oh, and as for the time change... I wouldn't have known about it either, if it hadn't been for the Relief Society breakfast where they announced it. It seems a lot of people are like that... It just seems weird to have it so early!

juliebean said...

Ok, the title of this blog had me instantly hearing the bangles in my head, befoe I started reading! I cannot believe you have seen snow again. I lived in Alabama all my life and that never happened to me. You are just blessed.

juliebean said...

this is my guess

My fellow americans. That is an obscure quote by the way.....