Thursday, March 13, 2008

Official!!

It's official!!! The technology class is on the schedule for registration! YES! This means I will be graduating in August. And, due to the fact that I will not be interning, but will be taking a different elective instead, it's looking like I will actually be done with school before the 4th of July!!! Woohoo! See, I will be taking 2 "Summer I" courses. This means June will not be a fun month for me. However, it also means that July will be a walk in the park :)! It means that I can make myself available for jobs elsewhere a month earlier. It means lots of things!!! I'm just so relieved that I'm going to be done! So, I will be tweaking my resume and I will be sending out applications and seeing what happens. I've accepted the fact that, because I'm looking for jobs just about as far away from me as I possibly can (okay, maybe not exactly as far away as possible, but you know what I mean), I might have to wait until I actually live in WA before I actually get anything. But that's not going to stop me from trying to have a job before getting there! It turns out that, when you get all old and stuff like me, you realize that having health insurance and such things is a very important thing... So, I'd love to have a job to go to so that I will not have to go for any real length of time without insurance. But, we'll just see what happens. But at any rate... I'm graduating in August! Yay! And I'm going to be done with school the first week in July! Double-yay! So, I now have 3 1/2 months of school left! I can handle that!!!

Yesterday I went by the library when I got off work so I could renew a book. Plus I checked out another one. Then I went home and read for a little bit, then got a shower, and then headed over to Jeni's. She and I wrote out cards for the sisters we visit teach, and we took one of the sisters her card and some Easter candy. Yes, Jeni made me an Easter candy bag too. Jeni is so sweet. Then she invited me to stay for dinner, which was chicken cordon bleu made on the stove. It was good. I've never had it that way before... I have always made mine in the oven. But it was quite good. And then we sat around watching some TV. So I got sucked into an episode of American Idol. April called while I was on my way home, and we dicussed the grades. Or symbols. That was a hilarious conversation.

Okay, so here's a request for help: I have to create 4 adult programming things on diabetes that could be done at a public library. I've come up with 3 (they each have to be related to a different aspect of diabetes). Here's what I have so far: diet, exercise, and symptoms/prognosis. Can anyone out there think of something else dealing with diabetes around which I could create another adult program that a public library could offer? I'm a tad stumped. I'm sure I'll come up with something, but I thought I would draw on my pool of brilliant minds :).

And tonight I will spend my time washing clothes and packing and getting ready for the great Spring Break 2008 trip to Dothan! I better start making my list. I can't forget anything important... Lists are lovely things, aren't they :)?

And since I don't have much more to say (just a hazard of the vaNILLA life, I guess), here are a couple more videos from WA that will bring a smile to your face :).




4 comments:

The Silverback said...

I love the videos!

Katherine Ronachert said...

what if you did a genetic probability type thing? i'm still reading, but i'm slightly predicting the cop & dr will end up biting it. and by the way;
AWESOME NEWS!!!!

Nilla said...

It took me a while to figure out what you were talking about... Honestly, I read that before March 2003, so I don't even remember ;). You'll have to remind me :).

juliebean said...

What about a program called, living with diabetes? You get bombarded with the cants and donts, but why not have a program on how to live successfully with the disease. Not focusing on the thing you have to do without, but all the things you can do and eat and enjoy. How diabetes does not have to be the end, but only a beginning to a healthier you.

I am not sure if that is what you meant, just a suggestion.